The John Wesley Collection is almost, almost there!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2876
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 9 2012 2:35 PM

Come on, my United Methodist, Free Methodist, African Methodist Episcopal, Christian Methodist Episcopal, Wesleyan Church, and Nazarene friends - along with all others who share the Wesleyan tradition - let's put this over the top.

In addition, anyone interested in Church history, theology, the 18th Century, would benefit from reading John Wesley's wisdon and insight.

Why would a Calvinist want Wesley?  For the same reason I love Calvin, Luther, and Spurgeon.  The man had a heart for God and made a difference for Christ in the world.

There are signifcant sections of John Wesley's Journal that have never before been available in Logos Format, and which are not in the Jackson edition of his works.    If you own the Jackson edition of Wesley's Works in Logos format (the old Ages program), you can get a discount on this collection.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2012 2:41 PM

Michael Childs:

Why would a Calvinist want Wesley?  For the same reason I love Calvin, Luther, and Spurgeon.  The man had a heart for God and made a difference for Christ in the world.

Yes Well said!

Here is the link and screen shot.

http://www.logos.com/product/9130/john-wesley-collection

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2012 3:53 PM

Michael Childs:
Come on, my United Methodist, Free Methodist, African Methodist Episcopal, Christian Methodist Episcopal, Wesleyan Church, and Nazarene friends - along with all others who share the Wesleyan tradition - let's put this over the top....

This Church of God (Anderson, IN) Pastor has done his part. Yes

Posts 2876
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2012 10:29 PM

L.D. Young:
This Church of God (Anderson, IN) Pastor has done his part

What a great Church!  My best friend in college was Church of God Anderson!  And so is Bill Gaither if my memory has not failed me.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2012 10:41 PM

Michael Childs:

And so is Bill Gaither if my memory has not failed me.

You're right Michael. In fact I believe he and Gloria met at Anderson University. We're also pretty proud of Charles Schultz and Sandi Patti. Smile

Posts 2876
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2012 10:54 PM

L.D. Young:
We're also pretty proud of Charles Schultz and Sandi Patti

You guys got Charles Schultz??!!!  Is that Peanuts' Charles Schultz?  Now I am impressed.  I am glad my college buddy didn't know that.  I would have never heard the end of it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS