Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Charles Storey | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:38 PM

I currently use my L4 library on my PC & want to get an iPad for portability. I'm wondering if I need to get more that a 16, since the books seem to take up space differently. Just don't want to wish I'd spent more later & find I can't run the program as it should. I don't watch movies, play games or music. My use will be mostly just for sermon prep. Thanks!

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:51 PM

Hey Charles, I'm a pastor who mainly uses his iPad for ministry (sermon prep, practicing my sermon, keeping my calendar & prayer requests, e-mail, etc.) and 16 gb is plenty for me. I'm not even using half. I don't keep music, movies or games on mine either, although I occasionally put some on for a trip but then take them off when I get home.

Hope that helps.

PS - Here's a link to a blog from a pastor using his iPad for ministry. I have fun checking it out once in awhile.

http://ipadinministry.wordpress.com/

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:54 PM

Charles, I cant speak for you, but I think that you will find that if you had 2000 books and all were available for the ipad, that they would all fit on a 16 gig iPad... however, you will want and need other apps to use for sermons... at least I do.  I had a 32 gig iPhone and then got the iPad a year later.  I bought the 64 gig pad because I wanted to have some movies on it for when I travel, and I store some images on it as well since I am a semi professional photographer, and so I bought the extra space... now after nearly having it a year, I have about 11 gig free... My suspicion is that you would do well to get a 32 gig iPad, so that you did not regret not having enough space... but your mileage may very!

Posts 124
Donald G. Fisher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 4:37 AM

Hey Charles,

My wife bought me an iPad 2 with 16G.  I have had an iphone for 2 years that is 16G as well.  If you are not intending on putting music, movies, or lots of photos you will probably find 16G sufficient.  While it will take quite a bit to put all of your Logos 4 library on, you will find that you will not all of your library on it and that there are a small selection (relatively speaking) of items that are not available.  I have a huge chunk of my 1900 books on my iPad and  have 8G left.  This is also with other apps and some photos.  No music or movies though.  I was contemplating an Android model but not keen on how divided up that is with which version of Android software you are using.  I just wanted a tablet to turn on and go, my tinkering days are over.  Good luck on your decision, and most likely you will be pleased with either.

Blessings,

Don

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 6:09 AM

I a 32 gig and have tons of stuff from my Logos library on it with room to spare. The 32 gig is a nice balance, it seems to me.

Posts 847
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 6:26 AM

The iPad 3 should be out by the end of February or maybe March. That means a few things:

* The iPad 2 will drop in price, probably at least $100 per unit, so you can get more memory for the same price as what you'd pay for one today.

* The iPad 3 is going to have to be aggressively priced with some real advances (rumors are that it will display true HD, though not quite a Retina display) over the iPad 2 to compete with all the new tablets that have just come out, including the Kindle Fire, so you will likely get a lot more bang for your buck if you can wait a bit to get an iPad 3.

* There are rumors of two iPad 3s, one being smaller than the current size, though I suspect most Logos users will want the full size iPad.

I'm waiting to see the iPad 3 and expect to get one when it's released unless it falls woefully short of expectations. Sadly, though, several of the resources I really want to use are still not available on the iPhone/iPad. (sigh)

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS