Clarke & Fletcher moved from PP to CP

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 11 2012 9:02 PM

I received an email today informing me that the Works of Adam Clake (http://www.logos.com/product/16526/the-works-of-adam-clarke) and The Works of the Reverend John Fletcher (http://www.logos.com/product/16524/the-works-of-the-reverend-john-fletcher) have been moved from Pre-Pub to Community Pricing.

I didn't even know things could move backwards. I guess there wasn't enough interest. Hopefully they'll still be added to Logos and I'll get them even cheaper. So come on you Wesleyan-Arminians we need to get these published in Logos. We have so few resources from our tradition as it is.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 11 2012 11:12 PM

Yes thank you Logos!

Ted and I were just talking in November about a hope to see Clarke move to CP.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/40730/303674.aspx#303674

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:38 AM

L.D. Young:
I didn't even know things could move backwards.

There was a large move of resources from PP to CP several months ago. There may have been some individual titles since then, but I have not noticed them.

L.D. Young:
I guess there wasn't enough interest.

That would be the reason for the move.

L.D. Young:
I'll get them even cheaper.

If enough people will not sign us for the PP price, perhaps even more of them will bid for a lower price.

L.D. Young:
So come on you Wesleyan-Arminians

I don't fit this label, but will still take a look—Have read some of Clarke before, but do not know Fletcher.

EDIT: Entered a bid for both, but at a much lower level than the point suggested on the graph.

Posts 2843
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:31 AM

Both Adam Clarke's and John Fletcher's Works are great resources, and certainly desirable to everyone from the Arminian perspective, as well as many from any theological perspective.  

However, both Clarke's and Fletcher's Works were published in Logos format by Ages, and many of us have them already.  There are a few extra books, such as biographies, thrown into the new sets, but the Works themselves are about the same.  It is hard to justify buying them again, even with a discount, when there are so many other resources I need.  Otherwise, I would jump on these.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:36 AM

Michael Childs:
Otherwise, I would jump on these

Michael, so you think Clarke's works are worth the $100. Seems high as a CP resource?

db

Posts 2765
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:04 AM

Danny Baskin:
Michael, so you think Clarke's works are worth the $100. Seems high as a CP resource?

I am not Michael but short answer NO. I am in at $40, since I already have the Ages Logos edition.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 11:33 AM

Michael Childs:

Both Adam Clarke's and John Fletcher's Works are great resources, and certainly desirable to everyone from the Arminian perspective, as well as many from any theological perspective.  

However, both Clarke's and Fletcher's Works were published in Logos format by Ages, and many of us have them already.  There are a few extra books, such as biographies, thrown into the new sets, but the Works themselves are about the same.  It is hard to justify buying them again, even with a discount, when there are so many other resources I need.  Otherwise, I would jump on these.

I'm not familiar with Ages. If these two works don't get published because of a lack of interest can someone like me still get the Ages version?

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 12:52 PM

Ted Hans:

Danny Baskin:

I am not Michael but short answer NO. I am in at $40, since I already have the Ages Logos edition.

Don't have the Ages edition. Still not worth it?

Posts 9214
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:15 PM

L.D. Young:
can someone like me still get the Ages version?

You'd have to get lucky. AGES Logos products haven't been widely available for years.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS