Greek Grammar

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 7
Bob Burton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:53 AM

I'm not sure whether my first attempt got through - so here I go again. I recently purchased Winer's "A Treatise on the Grammar of the Greek NT".  In using the Exegetical Guide for, say, Matt. 7:23, if this verse is quoted in Winer's Grammar, can I expect it to be cited under the heading "Grammars"  showing the particular section in the Grammar where it is cited?  This happens with such other grammars as Burton's NT Syntax and Wallace's "Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics."   Is Winer's Grammar also keyed that way?  

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:56 AM

Donald Robert Nelham Burton:

I'm not sure whether my first attempt got through - so here I go again. I recently purchased Winer's "A Treatise on the Grammar of the Greek NT".  In using the Exegetical Guide for, say, Matt. 7:23, if this verse is quoted in Winer's Grammar, can I expect it to be cited under the heading "Grammars"  showing the particular section in the Grammar where it is cited?  This happens with such other grammars as Burton's NT Syntax and Wallace's "Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics."   Is Winer's Grammar also keyed that way?  

Not yet, since this particular resource is tagged incorrectly as "Monograph". Logos first has to change it to "Grammar" in order for it to appear in the Exegetical Guide. I hope they'll do that soon.

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 5:27 AM

Theolobias:
Logos first has to change it to "Grammar" in order for it to appear in the Exegetical Guide. I hope they'll do that soon.

Or you create your own exegetical guide.

You create a collection of Grammars that include Winer's book. See the video: http://www.logos4training.com/other-videos/collections-and-prioritising/

And add that to the Exegetical Guide.

Guides -> 'Make a New guide template' -> click on 'All selections from... Exegetical Guide' ->

Click on 'Individual Selections... Collections' -> choose the collection you just created.

I think - but I am not sure - that if you call it 'my exegetical guide', Logos will see that as the default exegetical guide.

Hope that helps you.

Patrick

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:31 AM

Theolobias:

Donald Robert Nelham Burton:

Not yet, since this particular resource is tagged incorrectly as "Monograph". Logos first has to change it to "Grammar" in order for it to appear in the Exegetical Guide. I hope they'll do that soon.

Reply to first thread attempt => Exegetical Guide: finding a relevant verse in a Greek Grammar book has screen shot with Winer's Grammar in the Grammars section of My Exegetical Guide, which is using default settings for Grammars section. 

Note: I have learned to refresh forum page after posting a thread or post to verify presence in "All Recent" posts list => http://community.logos.com/forums/

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS