Proclaim iOS app "Unable to change slide" error

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 63
Will Cornell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:33 PM

I see so much potential for Proclaim, but really struggle with the remote iOS app, which is essential. I often use RowMote with PowerPoint without a hitch, but whenever I use the Proclaim iOS app with Proclaim, I receive the "Unable to change slide" error. Generally speaking, I can switch once or twice before it goofs.

-Proclaim is on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.8

-iOS version is 5.0.1 on an iPhone 4

-I have tried turning off BlueTooth

-Wireless signal is strong (I use RowMote successfully all the time for PPT et al.)

I think I have heard other rumblings about this. Is this a known (and yet unresolved) problem?

Blessings,

Will

"How soon are we broken on the soft pillow of ease! Adam in paradise was overcome, when Job on the dunghill was a conqueror."

THOMAS WATSON

Posts 1
Jon Cannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:04 AM

I'm experiencing the same thing Will. And, I agree, this is a crucial component for me using Proclaim.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 11:34 AM

Will Cornell:
I see so much potential for Proclaim, but really struggle with the remote iOS app, which is essential. I often use RowMote with PowerPoint without a hitch, but whenever I use the Proclaim iOS app with Proclaim, I receive the "Unable to change slide" error. Generally speaking, I can switch once or twice before it goofs.
\

The general lack of reliability is known. We will be publishing an update to the server this afternoon which should improve the reliability. I will make a forum post when the update has been shipped. Thanks for your patience.

Posts 63
Will Cornell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 1:27 PM

Scott Alexander:

The general lack of reliability is known. We will be publishing an update to the server this afternoon which should improve the reliability. I will make a forum post when the update has been shipped. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Scott! I tried Proclaim along with the iOS app (and same iPhone) using a PC running Windows XP and it worked flawlessly. I even tried to "overwork" the remote by moving quickly and jumping several slides at a time: not even a hiccup! 

I also noticed that the presentation in the Logos app works when Proclaim is "on air" with the PC, but I've never gotten it to work using the Mac.

Thanks for all your toils.

Will

"How soon are we broken on the soft pillow of ease! Adam in paradise was overcome, when Job on the dunghill was a conqueror."

THOMAS WATSON

Posts 15
Wade Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 8:22 PM

I am having this same problem... We tried to use the app on my ipad and iphone and have rarely gotten through a service without the sound guys having to bail me out, These posts were from January... Has this been resolved andI am the only one still having problems?

Wade

Posts 21
Drew James | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:25 AM

I too had same problem last night...

Posts 25
Dr. Brian R. Madtes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2012 3:23 PM

I'm having the same issue and see it almost every time we use the iPad (3 different services on each Sunday).  This past week I got the error message 4 or 5 times during the first service and had to have our sound booth person help me out since I was on the stage with the iPad.

Posts 15
Wade Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 1:55 PM

Hey Scott, Your post on this subject was Jan 13th and you said when the update was to ship you would post.  Since the problem is still there and you have not posted, is it safe to say this is a bigger problem and may take longer to fix? After all we have been waiting for 6 months for a solution.  I really tired of having to figure our solutions to one of the things that attracted me to the program in the first place.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2012 11:51 AM

Wade Wilson:

Hey Scott, Your post on this subject was Jan 13th and you said when the update was to ship you would post.  Since the problem is still there and you have not posted, is it safe to say this is a bigger problem and may take longer to fix? After all we have been waiting for 6 months for a solution.  I really tired of having to figure our solutions to one of the things that attracted me to the program in the first place.

Yes, this is an ongoing issue. It has proven to be a complex problem.

We are committed to fixing this, but it will take some time. We do apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime. 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 15
Wade Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 14 2012 7:16 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. Since it has been over 6 months, I am wondering what "some time" is? Do you have project deadlines or estimates?  It seems that most responses are very vague. Am I going to have to wait another 6 months?  

The reason I am so persistant is:

• I really pitched this to my worship and sound ministry
  • The teams general consensus is that we have taken a step backwards
  • I still want to keep this program but I have to have a timeframe to be moving forward

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 12:14 AM

We have an update to the iPhone app ready which includes stability related bug fixes. We've been rejected Apple's app store submission review process two times over the last three weeks due to changed in their terms. We have to make a small change on Monday and resubmit. The review process should not take longer than a week if things go smoothly.

Thanks for your patience. 

The Android app stores were updated to this version several weeks ago.

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2012 12:09 PM

Today we published updates to both the Proclaim client and the backend services that should prevent these cases where the remote is unable to control a presentation. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS