Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 13 2012 6:28 PM

The question is out there. What will arrive first. The iPad 3 or highlighting and notes for the Logos iPad app? Place your bets my friends.

I bought the iPad 1 and 2 in hopes of better Logos reading but it hasn't worked out. I am not buying an iPad 3 without my trusty Logos app operational.

Which do you think will arrive first?

Dr. Kurt Trucksess www.christ2Rculture.com
Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 6:57 PM

Highlighting and notes for sure... 

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 6:59 PM

Maybe not Pastor Kelly. iPad 3 comes in March. 

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 7:04 PM

yes Kurt, that is what the rumors are, but I have been playing with logos for some time now, and am very surprised that it has not been released yet... 

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 7:09 PM

Like you I go back  many years with Logos and am on the beta program. 

I still think it is debatable which will come first. 

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 7:46 PM

Kurt Trucksess:

Place your bets my friends.

Sorry, I just did research in Logos, and I'm not allowed to place bets. Wink

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 7:52 PM

Don't misunderstand me. I am a Logos fan true to the core. Just wondering what everyone thinks. 

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:07 PM

Time will tell, won't it!

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:30 PM

Kurt Trucksess:

Don't misunderstand me. I am a Logos fan true to the core. Just wondering what everyone thinks. 

No misunderstandings, hence the winking emoticon. 

Personally, I'm really looking forward to both the iPad 3 and Logos with more functionality on it. How many of you preach from an iPad?

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:32 PM

You preach with notes?  

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:33 PM

Rev. Kelly Todd:

Time will tell, won't it!

I do a double take every time I see you post. I know a Todd Kelly who is/was a pastor. Now he trains pastors around the globe through a mission agency called LRI.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:33 PM

I think we will get notes and highlighting this month. Bob Prichett has stated elsewhere in the forums that the new Logos app has been submitted to Apple, and its release is only waiting for the desktop release of 4.5 out of Beta. He said that in the near future 4.5 would become a Release Candidate, then within a week the final version of the desktop would be out a week later. within a few days the iOS app would become available. So I think either this month or early February. I could be wrong...Bob said they needed to track to down a bug that is affecting syncing. So I think its soon.

Blessings

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:38 PM

Kurt Trucksess:

You preach with notes?  

I'm in the process of figuring that out. I am preaching for the first time Feb 5th. I think I will probably write an outline, then a manuscript, practice from the manuscript and use the outline in the pulpit. All paper this time around. But I like the idea of having everything electronic on a tablet, and I've been holding off getting an iPad until #3.

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:48 PM

William Gabriel:

How many of you preach from an iPad?

And the first time the iPad malfunctions is....

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:50 PM

First, I am thrilled to hear you will be preaching for the first time. I have been preaching for 20 years. I write an outline, then a manuscript (books of them are found on my web site chrst2rculture.com). The manuscript gives me verbal precision in key areas. Then I shrink it back to an outline and preaching from the outline with a few pencil notes written in.  This gives the feeling of live delivery versus reading from a manuscript. 

In my doctoral program I had to learn to preach completely without notes. I can do it but it is hard in a weekly pulpit ministry with everything else that needs to get done. 

I briefly prayed for you asking God to bless your first sermon!

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:59 PM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

And the first time the iPad malfunctions is....

A great day to short AAPL! Big Smile

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 9:03 PM

Kurt Trucksess:

First, I am thrilled to hear you will be preaching for the first time. I have been preaching for 20 years. I write an outline, then a manuscript (books of them are found on my web site chrst2rculture.com). The manuscript gives me verbal precision in key areas. Then I shrink it back to an outline and preaching from the outline with a few pencil notes written in.  This gives the feeling of live delivery versus reading from a manuscript. 

In my doctoral program I had to learn to preach completely without notes. I can do it but it is hard in a weekly pulpit ministry with everything else that needs to get done. 

I briefly prayed for you asking God to bless your first sermon!

Thank you sir, your prayers are much appreciated. I've got the charisma of a wet paper bag, but I rest in knowing that God's Word is living and active and the Spirit can give power to even the weakest of men...

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 9:11 PM

It is funny how things change. When I was younger, I was very quiet and hoped I didn't leave a puddle at the pulpit like a new puppy. 20 years later, the pulpit is more comfortable for me than most social situations. I am not the brightest bulb on the shelf but I preach directly and don't like to mess around. 

It will be fun to see what God does in your life over time. 

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 9:12 PM

William Gabriel:

How many of you preach from an iPad?

I've been preaching from an iPad for a couple of months and really like it...... I do however always have a paper backup.

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 9:18 PM

Why would you take an iPad into the pulpit?  All I take is the outline I give the people. Mine has the blanks filled in.  Why would you need more than that?  Here is what I will take in the pulpit for this weekends sermon. http://www.christ2rculture.com/resources/Sermons/Solomon-on-Sex/2---Solomon-on-Sex---Give-Me-a-Kiss---Sermon-Handout.pdf

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS