NIV Reverse Interlinear

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:18 AM

Does anybody know if the NIV reverse interlinear will have the option to use the G&K numbering system for use with the NIV exhaustive concordance (as well as the other Zondervan resources that are tied to the numbering system)?

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:56 AM

I don't think the good old NIV comes in reverse interlinear form. At least not yet. I live in hope.

Posts 44
Sam Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:59 AM

No, it says Logos 4 has it here.

Posts 227
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:04 AM

Sam Shaw:

No, it says Logos 4 has it here.

From what I've gathered the upgrade page is incorrect in this regard as is the missing features page on Logos' website. I believe that the NIV and NLT interlinears are missing and will be downloaded automatically when ready.  The best we can we've documented the features which are missing but aren't documented on the Logos missing features page on the wiki. I hope that this helps.

Paul

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:05 AM

Paul, we don't know what it will actually look like. So far ESV and NASB use both Strongs and Louw-Nida. My expectation is that the NIV will do the same.

David, the NIV reverse interlinear is in the works and will be available to those who purchased an L4 upgrade or crossgrade (except for Home and Languages editions). My assumption is that those who have L4 and already have the NIV will get the NIV rev int too, but we haven't heard any promises about that.

EDIT: Yes, we are still waiting on some of the new reverse interlinears to be released (as well as a few other resources).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:10 AM

Apparently there are additional books still not downloaded, correct?

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:10 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
Paul, we don't know what it will actually look like. So far ESV and NASB use both Strongs and Louw-Nida. My expectation is that the NIV will do the same.

It just seems that with Logos' new relationship with Zondervan, and the future availability of the NIV reverse interlinear, that G&K may very well come along with the "deal".

Hopefully, anyway...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:23 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
So far ESV and NASB use both Strongs and Louw-Nida.

Also, even though the NASB uses the Strong's, Lockman did intend it to be linked to the NASB Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.

If history is any indication, there may be good things to come. Smile (knock on wood)

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:52 AM

Gary Butner:

Apparently there are additional books still not downloaded, correct?

Correct. Here's to hoping we have even one more thing to be thankful for on Nov 26 (U.S. Thanksgiving Day).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS