a couple of questions about logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25
Johnny | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:24 AM

Hello,

since i can't get anyone on the phone i thought i'd post my questions here.

1.  what happened to the auto lookup function and the prayer list?  did you guys remove it completely or is it hidden as a different tool?

2.  how do i know which book as the audioable read function?

3.  is there a print function hidden somewhere?

4.  i noticed there is a handout option, what was the idea behind this new option? 

thanks for any answers you can provide.

Johnny

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:36 AM

JohnnyYii:
1.  what happened to the auto lookup function

The auto look up is now called "Power Lookup" and is available under "Tools" --> "Look up".

JohnnyYii:
.  is there a print function hidden somewhere?

There is not currently a print function, though I think it is coming in the future.

JohnnyYii:
4.  i noticed there is a handout option, what was the idea behind this new option?

I'm not exactly sure what the developers purpose was, but I'd suspect it is to allow teachers to generate handouts based on the passage that is being studied (classes, sunday school, etc.) so that they can easily put together helpful information for their students.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:36 AM

Johnny,

1.) No Autolookup, it's been replaced by the "powerlook up" function.

open Powerlook up:

Tools>PowerLookup

then whatever window you have focus on...OR what ever references you have highlighted...they will appear in the Power Look up window.

2.) I don't know

3.) There is a "copy bible verses" that sends to clipboard for use in word and other docs....what are you looking for?

4.) Handouts are for a quick and dirty handout for a class or something like that....they are not supposed to replace QuarkXpress or anything....

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 12
Kevin Dare | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:43 AM

I've been wondering what to do with all my sermons filed away in Logos3. Is there any way of transfering them?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:44 AM

don't the sermon files work in V4?

that's what I thought

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 12
Kevin Dare | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:50 AM

Mine don't! Is this a Logos4 problem or do I need to contact customer support?

Posts 25
Johnny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:00 AM

thanks for all the response.  one of the cool function with the auto look up was i can run a list of bible references to get a list of verse.  i guess that function is gone now.

Posts 25
Johnny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:06 AM

are we able to move the commentary / passage data to the handout? i only see the bible verses and the biblical people.  i see options to add new items but i dont know what sort of items i can add.

thanks again..

Posts 319
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:07 AM

JohnnyYii:

1.  what happened to the auto lookup function and the prayer list?  did you guys remove it completely or is it hidden as a different tool?

2.  how do i know which book as the audioable read function?

3.  is there a print function hidden somewhere?

Johnny,

1. As they have said "Power Lookup" has replaced the auto lookup function.

1b. The Prayer list is not currently available. They say it is coming First Quarter 2010 - for a complete list of what is supposed to be coming when look here - http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

2. I have not found anything that tell you how to know which book can be read and which cannot.

3. Printing is scheduled to be functional by First Quarter 2010 as well - again see here - http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

4. My understanding is that handout were added to provide teachers the ability to create handouts for the sections and verses they are teaching

Todd Philips posted a bit more detail in another thread - not sure where he got the additional info but here is a link - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/3203/24346.aspx#24346

2015 13" MacBook Pro - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 16 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 2018 iMac Pro - 3.2GHz 8-core Xeon - both systems running OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 12:56 PM

KevinDare:

I've been wondering what to do with all my sermons filed away in Logos3. Is there any way of transfering them?

In the commandbar: scan c:\path\to\sermonfile

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:16 PM

Books with straight text can be read. Try and see.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:13 PM

don't the sermon files work in V4?

Yes and no. With thomas suggestion you can still READ them in L4 but if you want to MAKE them you still need to do it from L3.

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS