Incomplete search

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:31 AM

I was testing speed difference when i ran across this issue.

In Logos3 i used Basic Search in English Bibles for ranges Gen-Rev looking for Grace. Below is a screen shot of the results scrolled to the end. Notice that it was found in the Epistles.

Then in Logos4 i searched using Bible (Gen-Rev) with mytag:Fav Bibles (a smaller list that i have tagged) for Grace. Notice in the screen shot, after scrolling to the end of the list it stopped at Luke. i tried changing the list of Bibles, then tried using Basic Search (it does not have Grid option though).

Why doesn't it show that Grace was found in the Epistles ?

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:36 AM

Look at the bottom of the list. There are references to continue the list. Click on that and you get continuation of the list.

Bohuslav

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:39 AM

Thanks Bohuslav!

Why doesn't it just allow a complete list?

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 79
Theophilus | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 10:51 PM

I had the same problem, and was about to post my screen shots and ask if this was a bug, when I saw Steve's earlier post 4 months ago. Thanks, Bohuslav, for saving me the embarrassment of posting this as a bug report.

I completely agree with Steve:

steve clark:
Why doesn't it just allow a complete list?

A few problems here ...

1) When in "Verses" view, "Aligned" view and "Analysis" view (which Steve does not have in his screenshot), search results are not broken up into different pages, but listed completely. Why the inconsistency?

2) It's not exactly intuitive to click a bible reference, such as (in this case) Lk 1:30 to continue the list (presumably onto Page 2) and Col 1:17 to continue further (presumably onto Page 3). Rather, one would expect that clicking a particular verse brings one to that particular occurrence. Even if results had to be split across pages, can the hyperlinks at the bottom of the page not read "Previous Page" / "Next Page" or "1, 2, 3 ... Last" instead?

3) The result count at the top of the page, while accurate, adds to the confusion. One expects to see 1,471 occurrences in 250 verses listed in the search results. Having a list that appears truncated causes one to wonder where the rest of the occurrences are.

Would Logos consider listing completely in "Grid" view instead, consistent will all other views? If not possible, then more appropriate hyperlinks, please? Thanks.

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 11:12 PM

You know my drill. Put it on http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS