Logos 4.5 RC1 sync error

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Paul Myers | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 19 2012 4:43 PM

I'm not sure if it's just my systme or not, but ever since installing the 4.5 Release Candidate I have been unable to sync successfully. After a day and a half, I continue to get the yellow triangle and "an error has occurred during synchronization..." message. Any suggestions? Posting logs.

7853.LogosLogs Paul Myers 20120119-162929.gz

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2012 8:08 PM

Looking at Logos4.log file, noticed sync has download batches dating back to Mar 2011.  Wonder if using Logos 4 on more than one computer ?

Appears Logos4.log file had a normal exit.  Sync had a download complete at 16:29:14, then application exit eight seconds later, at 16:29:22 that closed SyncManager.

Looking at console messages, noticed diagnostic crash report; not know if Logos development will want a copy.  Also noticed an application, FinderPop, that is patching other applications.

Wonder about disabling FinderPop, restart Mac, launch Logos 4.5 RC 1, then wait for sync to process (if yield triangle appears, could click to try sync one or two times).  While sync being done, can open Logos4.log file to monitor sync downloads and processing.  By default, console utility scrolls log file(s) as entries are written.

If sync completes (may take many minutes), please reply so I can Smile with you.

If Logos 4.5 RC 1 crashes, please run Logos Log Scribe again and upload compressed file.

Note: with Logos 4.5 Release Candidate, suspect Logos is monitoring Mac and PC forum discussions for 4.5 issues that need attention very soon.  Also have option to email Logos Mac Support with reference to this thread.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 21
Paul Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 12:53 PM

KS4J - thanks for the suggestions. I am mostly smiling Smile now.

I disabled FinderPop and restarted and the sync ran for a long time as you thought it might. I do have Logos on VM Fusion so I updated my L4 for Windows to 4.5 RC and everything seems to be syncing correctly. However, the Mac is still displaying the yellow triangle at the end of the sync cycle, but as I said everything "seems" to be syncing.

I will try to post logs a little later. Thanks for the help, Keep Smiling.

Posts 21
Paul Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2012 9:36 AM

As a followup to Keep Smiling 4 Jesus: syncing is now working as it should with no error message.

After going through the Logos4.log per your suggestion, I found that one of my resources (DSCPLNGDLYMN) kept showing an error each time I synced. So I opened up the book - Disciplines of a Godly Man - and scrolled through the text and the yellow triangle disappeared immediately and has not returned. Everything seems to be syncing correctly now.

I'm not sure why this particular book had issues as I haven't opened it in quite awhile. I did do a fair amount of highlighting and a made a few notes in it. So perhaps it is related to the new sync manager. But this is pure conjecture on my part.

At any rate, I am fully smiling Smile now. Thank you for your help, KS4J.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2012 10:43 AM

Thanks for sharing; likewise Smiling Big Smile

Personally been awhile since have encountered resource(s) needing scrolling to change last position to fix a sync issue; has happened in some older Logos 4 Mac releases so I do not know if this issue is related to Sync v2 updates in Logos 4.5 RC 1 or a left over issue.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS