Addins for logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 119
Robert D. Adams | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:38 PM

Having loaded logos 4 I see that none of the addins I purchased in v.3 are available.

Somewhere I read that addins would come later.

I also see that the Minimal Crossgrade costs $69.95 and it says that Timelines & Bible Tools addin

are available in that purchase.

Will i have to purchase the addins again for logos 4 ?

Bit confused & maybe missing something...any help appreciated.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:07 PM

robertdadams:

Having loaded logos 4 I see that none of the addins I purchased in v.3 are available.

Somewhere I read that addins would come later.

I also see that the Minimal Crossgrade costs $69.95 and it says that Timelines & Bible Tools addin

are available in that purchase.

Will i have to purchase the addins again for logos 4 ?

Bit confused & maybe missing something...any help appreciated.

Robert,

Can you be specific about which addins your wondering about? Some things are done differently in L4, so there may be a resource or a feature instead of an addin. Some features that replace addins or features in L3 are coming down the pipe - see: http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures for a list. Check the contents of the new packages at: http://www.logos.com/upgrade anything listed as new is new to a package so if you have Silver now and crossgrade to Silver you'll get those things in the new Silver that you don't have in your current Silver. Anything you've bought separatately that is in the new Silver will be discounted to some extent and, of course, the whole crossgrade is discounted.

Timelines is a resource now. I think that the Bible tools are features - but not all are available at all base packages. It could be that your crossgrade level activates those features/includes those resources.

If you name things we can let you know what we know/think.

Chris

Posts 119
Robert D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:13 PM

Okay

I have...Timelines, Bible Tools, sentence diagram, Sermon file, etc....

Will these items come later for those of us who had purchased them for v3 ?

Thanks

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:36 PM

robertdadams:

Okay

I have...Timelines, Bible Tools, sentence diagram, Sermon file, etc....

Will these items come later for those of us who had purchased them for v3 ?

Thanks

If you follow the link I posted above you'll see a list of what features are coming when.

Timelines are resources - I believe you have to do the crossgrade to get them. There are 8. Here's a screen shot (Library sorted by "Type" shows a category of "Timelines"

Sentence Diagrams and Sermon File (creation) will be Q2 2010. Right now you can read sermon files. You import them by putting this in the command box: scan c:\path\to\sermonfile

I will have to open up L3 and see what Bible Tools contain to see what the L4 equivalent is. I'll go look and get back to you. Unless someone else posts first.

etc. Can't say more. Go to http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures like I said.

Chris

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:50 PM

Okay, I think I've got it:

Words of Christ: I don't think you can change colors, but they still are a search category - saw a post on this somewhere in the last few days - sorry I never used this in L3

Groups Similar Bibles: Collections in L4 and when a Bible is open click the tab with the + to see parallel (similar) resources (works with any resource) or double click in the empty space to get the next Bible in your priority list open to that passage.

Languages: Fonts are set in Program Options: Tools - Program Options

Pericopes - Sorry, I don't know.

Preferred books - Prioritizing in the Library window

Are these the ones? Are there any other tools you're wondering about?

Chris

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:30 AM

Chris, "Words of Christ" can be changed from Red to Black if you go into Tools/Program Settings.

Regards

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS