NIDNTT transliteration errors

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Stephen Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 24 2012 3:22 AM

Hi,

I am interested in getting NIDNTT for Logos but I am put off by the many transliteration errors. You can see these if you browse to the resource page for NIDNTT (http://www.logos.com/product/5463/new-international-dictionary-of-new-testament-theology) and click on 'See Inside'

For example in the entry for κάθημαι G2764 (kathēmai):

CL While ōkathiz was originally a transitive verb 

This should be kathizō.

This error seems to be systematic throughout NIDNTT - will it be fixed? Does a bug need to be submitted and if so where?

Stephen

Posts 1063
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 5:52 AM

Once you own the resource it is possible to make a typo report but at the moment you can only write a post here :). There are only four occurrences and other omegas seem to be correct so I think this is isolated to kathizō. I have submitted typo reports for them and hopefully sooner than later they will be fixed.

Tom

Posts 16
Stephen Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:22 AM

There seem to be many examples of this - every -ω verb I've looked at "See Inside" (i.e. biblia.com). Are you saying it only happens 4 times in the desktop product?

ὁρίζω G3988 (horizō), determine, appoint; ἀφορίζω G928 (aphorizō), separate, set apart, appoint.

CL ōhoriz

ἀπολύω G687 G668 (apolyō), to set free; ἀποστάσιον G687 (apostasion) divorce.

CL ōapoly means to set free,

φεύγω G5771 (pheugō), escape, flee, avoid; ἀποφεύγω G709 (apopheugō), flee from, avoid; φυγή G5870 (phygē), flight.

CL The ōpheug 

πίπτω G4406 (piptō), fall; ἐκπίπτω G1738 (ekpiptō), fall off or from, lose one’s way; καταπίπτω G2928 (katapiptō), fall down; παραπίπτω G4178 (parapiptō), fall beside, fall away; περιπίπτω G4346 (peripiptō), fall into, among; πτῶμα G4773(ptōma), that which has fallen, corpse; πτῶσις G4774 (ptōsis), falling, fall.

CL ōpipt (root 

προγινώσκω G4589 (proginōskō), know beforehand, know in advance;πρόγνωσις G4590 (prognōsis), foreknowledge.

CL The composite ōproginōsk, formed from the prefix, pro-, before, and the vb.ōginōsk, perceive, be acquai

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 4:54 PM

These errors will be corrected in a forthcoming update to this resource.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS