Personal Book: Scripture Index to Spurgeon's Sermons

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 24 2012 5:13 PM

Here is a first attempt at a Scripture index to Spurgeon's Sermons, formatted as a Personal Book (use the Personal Books tool in Logos to add it to your library as a Bible Commentary). It includes over 3,500 sermons. The data has been taken from the Alphabetical Index included in Logos, so any errors there (and there are some) will be carried over into this.

If you compile the document as a Bible Commentary, it should show up in the Passage Guide. Because of the way the passage guide works, the index will show up even if there isn't a sermon on that exact verse, and take you to the nearest verse that Spurgeon did preach on.

0181.Index to Spurgeon's Sermons.docx

You can use the same cover image as the alphabetical index:

Posts 278
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:26 PM

thanks very much good work,

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:50 PM

Great job, Mark. Thanks for the effort.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:49 PM

I've updated the file in the first post to what should be it's final version. The main change is that where two scriptures were given for a sermon, now both are included (i.e. there are two entries for that sermon). It means there are another 250 or so entries in the revised document. If you've already downloaded the file, you may wish to do so again.

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:45 PM

This is excellent. Thanks Mark.

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 2:14 AM

Thanks Mark.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 9:37 AM

Mark, thanks so very much for doing this! It seems incredible to me that such an index wasn't included from the beginning with this resource. You have done us a great favor.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 905
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 9:42 AM

Notwithstanding the excellent work by Mark above, there is also an outstanding archive of Spurgeon's sermons, and Scripture index HERE for everyone with internet access.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:28 PM

Thanks Mark. Works great!

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:37 PM

Not sure if it matters but I added the word "Scripture" above "Index"

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:38 PM

Was certain that I had posted a thank-you, but it is nowhere to be seen. Therefore, THANK YOU VERY MUCH Yes

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 4:11 PM

Sorry, I've updated the file again, following discussion in other threads. There are two main changes. The first is that three indexes are now included. In addition to the Scripture index, there's also an alphabetical index and a third index listing which sermons appear in which volumes. The other change is that I've corrected more than 90 entries which are incorrect in the official Alphabetical Index. I've uploaded the new file to the files forum:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/44342.aspx

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:59 PM

Thanks so much Mark!  That is very helpful.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 11
Larry D. Sherraden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 9:59 AM

Mark, thank you for this.  It is most helpful.  I created the Personal Book and it works fine on my desktop.  I also use an android app for both my smartphone and tablet.  Is there a way that I can access a Personal Book on my android devices.  Thanks.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2012 1:25 PM

Larry D. Sherraden:
Is there a way that I can access a Personal Book on my android devices.

Logos have indicated that in the future it may be possible to access Personal Books on mobile devices, but at the moment it's not possible, sorry.

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 7:40 AM

Thanks so much Mark! 

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 12:05 AM

Mark, thank you for a great resource! Do you have any plans to update it to link to the recent upgrade?

Do you need any help?

Posts 7
Timothy Howe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 11 2013 9:13 AM

Thank you, Mark.  I don't own the AGES version of Spurgeon, but I did just get the new one put out by Logos.  I'll echo toughski's question- any plans to make this index tie into the new Spurgeon files?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 11 2013 9:16 AM

Timothy Howe:

Thank you, Mark.  I don't own the AGES version of Spurgeon, but I did just get the new one put out by Logos.  I'll echo toughski's question- any plans to make this index tie into the new Spurgeon files?

Mark's going to give it a go for us. See this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/44342.aspx

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 11 2013 9:59 AM

toughski:

Mark, thank you for a great resource! Do you have any plans to update it to link to the recent upgrade?

Do you need any help?

Thanks for the offer, but as the index is mostly created by a script I've written, help isn't needed (my code is really bad!). But the updated version is now available. If you're commenting about the new edition (even if you're just saying 'thanks'), can you do it in the new thread? That way, this thread can be left to die, and new users won't get confused as to which version they should be using. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS