Availability of Notes Across Bible Versions

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Rev. Jeremiah Gumm | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:23 PM

In Logos 3, when you put a note on a passage in any text of the Bible, it would show up at that corresponding location in all the other Bible versions. (As I recall, something similar also occurred in different versions of the Book of Concord.)

I have transferred those notes over to Logos 4 and the old notes still show up in the corresponding locations. When I put a new note in, however, it only shows up in the resource that I have open and in no other corresponding location.

Is this simply a quirk of Logos 4 or is there something I should be doing that would make that note available across the Bible versions? Thanks in advance for your help!

Posts 29212
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:38 PM

Jeremiah - Welcome to the forums! 

I think your problem is that you are adding a note to "selection" and not to "reference." See the upper right hand side of the screen shot below:

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:26 PM

Cool, I had the same question. Thanks Alabama.

Now can I ask my own related question?

How about highlighting? My highlighting is only showing up in the Bible translation that I'm currently using. Is there a simple solution to seeing my highlights in all Bible translations?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:57 PM

L.D. Young:
My highlighting is only showing up in the Bible translation that I'm currently using. Is there a simple solution to seeing my highlights in all Bible translations?

Highlighting is by selection (specific to one Bible); dreaming of highlighting options for by reference notes.  Thankful by reference has note icon shape and color choices.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:19 PM

Thanks KS4J. Maybe it will be an option down the road. I'm still excited about Logos  4.5.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS