Import Logos 3 notes to Logos 4

Page 1 of 3 (59 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 58 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 848
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:59 PM

At last Logos 4.5 supports Notes the way I like!  Thanks, Logos Team!

Now I need to import Notes from Logos 3 ==> Logos 4. The more I look for the steps in the Forums, Wiki, etc. the more I can't find them. Any clues would be appreciated.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:24 PM

Jack Hairston:

At last Logos 4.5 supports Notes the way I like!  Thanks, Logos Team!

Now I need to import Notes from Logos 3 ==> Logos 4. The more I look for the steps in the Forums, Wiki, etc. the more I can't find them. Any clues would be appreciated.

Just type "import all" into the command bar.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2012 8:50 PM

Jack, do you still have Libronix installed?

The first step in importing L3 notes is to 'prepare' them in L 3. The instructions can be found here: http://wiki.logos.com/Importing_Notes_from_LDLS3

If you don't have L3 on your computer (it sounds like you do) I'd go to the trouble of reinstalling it, putting  your note files in the My Documents/Libronix DLS/Annotations folder and then go through the steps in the link above.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8245
LogosEmployee

If you have never imported LDLS3 notes into Logos 4 before, we recommend that you prepare your LDLS3 notes for import by following the instructions here: http://wiki.logos.com/Importing_Notes_from_LDLS3

Once you've done that, you can enter "import notes" into the Logos 4 command box to import your LDLS3 notes. (You can also enter "import all", which will import Notes, Favorites, Verse Lists, Prayer Lists, etc. See "Importing Libronix DLS Documents" in the Logos 4 Help for further details.)

Posts 848
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:58 AM

Bradley, George, Mark:

Thanks for your replies. Here are more clues.

1. I downloaded the Logos3 script to add the custom toolbar which would update Notes for export.
    (Note to lurkers: Firefox can't do this. You must use Internet Explorer.)

2. The next step is to "save the script to the Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE [MyDocuments]\Libronix DLS\CustomToolbars folder."
Win7 has no path like this. There is a Libronix DLS folder, but it has no Custom Toolbars folder.
I made one, loaded the script into it, and launched Logos 3.

3. The next step is to "launch Logos3 and click the newly-added Update Notes Now button."
     No button. Looked inside Tools > Power Tools too. No choice like that in there, either.

Stuck again. Any more clues would be appreciated.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:19 AM

Jack Hairston:

Bradley, George, Mark:

Thanks for your replies. Here are more clues.

1. I downloaded the Logos3 script to add the custom toolbar which would update Notes for export.
    (Note to lurkers: Firefox can't do this. You must use Internet Explorer.)

2. The next step is to "save the script to the Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE [MyDocuments]\Libronix DLS\CustomToolbars folder."
Win7 has no path like this. There is a Libronix DLS folder, but it has no Custom Toolbars folder.

3. The next step is to "launch Logos3 and click the newly-added Update Notes Now button."
     No button. Looked inside Tools > Power Tools too. No choice like that in there, either.

Stuck again. Any more clues would be appreciated.

Did you right-click on a blank area at the top and select "Update Notes"?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8245
LogosEmployee

Jack Hairston:

Did you name the folder "CustomToolbars" (with no space)? If there is a space in the name, remove it (in Windows Explorer), then restart LDLS3. The custom toolbar should appear.

Posts 848
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 9:05 AM

Aha! Computers sure are picky.

After changing the folder's name and launching Logos3, I stepped back to watch the frog turn into a prince. Alas, no prince. No new button. (and no new menu option, either.)

Posts 848
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 9:06 AM

Yes, I tried typing "update notes" in the GO box, but the command was ignored, as far as I can see.

Thanks for the tip, though.

Jack

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 9:32 AM

Jack Hairston:

Yes, I tried typing "update notes" in the GO box, but the command was ignored, as far as I can see.

Thanks for the tip, though.

Jack

Once again —

You may need to right-click on the toolbar at the top of L3 and select "Update Notes" for the button to appear.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 848
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 9:45 AM

Sorry to be so dense, George.

I right-clicked all over the top of L3 but failed to see any update notes option. I even tried clicking Tools > Libronix Update, but only got a "Launch error" message. Would it be possible for you to attach a picture?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:00 AM

Jack Hairston:

Sorry to be so dense, George.

I right-clicked all over the top of L3 but failed to see any update notes option. I even tried clicking Tools > Libronix Update, but only got a "Launch error" message. Would it be possible for you to attach a picture?

Try right-clicking in the blank area after the word "Help".

george
gfsomsel

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:24 AM

Jack. if you haven't figured this out yet here's a screen shot.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 848
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:39 PM

That helps a lot, Mark.

When I right click on the title bar, I see only these choices in the popup:

• Standard
  • Quick Navigate
  • Customize

Now if I could only get my popup to look like yours. It's probably a setup problem, but I'm still stuck.

Posts 4921
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:48 PM

Which version of L3 do you have? Click the Help button and then click About Libronix DLS...does it say you have version 3.0g? If not, you will need to update.

Posts 27
Todd Zuidema | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:10 PM

I'm helping out a friend who installed Logos 4 on his new computer, but has not loaded Libronix 3.  Is there a way that he can copy his Annotations folder from his old computer to his new computer so that Logos 4 will recognize them?  

Basically I'm asking what are the options for people who used Libronix but now have purchased a new computer and Logos 4 at the same time.  Must they load Libronix on the new computer to import their old notes?

Any help you could provide would be appreciated

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:13 PM

Todd Zuidema:
Basically I'm asking what are the options for people who used Libronix but now have purchased a new computer and Logos 4 at the same time.  Must they load Libronix on the new computer to import their old notes?

Todd, he can try importing them directly without the preparation stage, but he may not like the results. If it were me I'd try a few and see what happens. He can always delete them. If they are too messed up he probably will need to install Libronix just for this function.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:17 PM

Jack Hairston:
Now if I could only get my popup to look like yours. It's probably a setup problem, but I'm still stuck.

I'd love to see a screen shot of your My Documents\Libronix DLS folders. I don't have access to my computer with Libronix on it to show you what I mean, but we'd like to be sure that your custom toolbar is in the right place.

I use Jing to capture screenshots. It is free and available at: http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:21 PM

Jack Hairston:

That helps a lot, Mark.

When I right click on the title bar, I see only these choices in the popup:

• Standard
  • Quick Navigate
  • Customize

Click (left) on "Customize".  I think you'll find it there.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 25739
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:35 PM

Mark Smith:
Todd Zuidema:

If you have the old computer with Libronix prepare the notes and copy them to a removable drive. Logos 4 will find them on the new computer if they are stored at   the same location i.e. \Documents\Libronix DLS\.   Note that \Libronix DLS\  contains other documents like highlighting that can be imported to Logos 4.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 3 (59 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS