4.5 update problem

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 20
Mark Lautenschlager | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 1:05 PM

Mark Smith:

Since others have been having problems with antivirus software have you looked into that? I know the symptoms are different but perhaps it is worth a check. Webroot and Avira seem to be the culprits. If you have either of those I'd definitely check.  (I'm using Norton w/o any problems.)

I run Avast! as my antivirus software. Tried disabling that, but Logos 4 still freezes every time I try and start it.

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 1:27 PM

Mark Lautenschlager:
I run Avast! as my antivirus software. Tried disabling that, but Logos 4 still freezes every time I try and start it.

Yours might be a different problem as it is not crashing. Try starting with Ctrl key held down,open to a blank page and upload logs if it freezes or crashes.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 20
Mark Lautenschlager | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 1:50 PM

Here's what worked for me.

I opened the program in diagnostic mode (hold down CTRL and launch the program). I selected the check box to use a blank layout. I recreated my layout.

Everything seems fine. I saved the layout on the one computer, repeated the diagnostic launch and blank layout on the second computer, then loaded the freshly created layout.

No freezing yet. Closed the program on both computers, restarted it without diagnostic logging. Still good.

MAYBE it has something to do with layouts?

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 1:57 PM

Mark Lautenschlager:

Something in the layout could have been corrupted or perhaps a resource in the Layout. See If you can run everything in the original layout.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 20
Mark Lautenschlager | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 2:37 PM

Dave Hooton:

Mark Lautenschlager:

Something in the layout could have been corrupted or perhaps a resource in the Layout. See If you can run everything in the original layout.

Yes, I added back every single resource. I essentially recreated the layout exactly.

It's been running for an hour now with no freezing. I believe something about my existing layouts didn't get along with the 4.5 update when it downloaded. It might be useful to suggest this technique to folks, starting it with a blank layout and recreating everything. It doesn't take very long, and at least for ME, it seems to have fixed the problems.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS