Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:58 AM

Had them. They went away. Back again.

0815.Logos4Error.zip

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:59 AM

After I posted above, they went away again. HMMM.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:01 PM

My Logos 4.5 SR-1 never stops syncing...not sure what it is up to.

Posts 115
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:29 PM

I'd the same, but after restarting LOgos 4 it worked normally again.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Ward Walker:

My Logos 4.5 SR-1 never stops syncing...not sure what it is up to.

Please enable logging, then post your Logos4.log file here for us to analyse.

Posts 130

I too am having sync problems since installing 4.5. Here is the log.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:04 PM

Robert J Smith:

Concur Logos4error.log has several error messages, including unable to resolve name 'cbvstylesapi.logos.com' a few times this month.

Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging with steps to enable creation of Logos4.log and Logos4Indexer.log files.

For sync error context, Logos4.log file is being requested.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:04 PM

Robert J Smith:

The last error logged was 6 hours ago (or 5 hours before you posted, if my calculations are correct). It looks like it was a transient error that should have resolved itself. 

Please hold down CTRL at startup (then click Sign In on the startup dialog) to force all logs to be generated, then upload Logos4.log (if you're still having problems).

Posts 130
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 8:06 AM

Sorry about that. I just started L4 with the Ctrl held down until the home page appeared. The error indicator was present from the time the screen opened (see screen shot). I manually synced. Although the wheel spun, the error indicator returned. I then closed L4 and checked the logs in Windows Explorer. No Logos4Error.log had been generated. However there are error messages in the Logos4.log. I have included my system specs in the zip file.

FYI, this error does not occur with my laptop. And the laptop does receive the sync updates from the desktop.

5226.L4.5 Sync Problems.zip

Posts 25
Robert Drouhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 12:48 PM

After installing 4.5 SR-1 mine also seems to be constantly syncing. When it is, it locks up hard (I have to shut it down via Control Panel) when I am trying to do a search. Am going to try disabling auto-syncs and internet access and see if that helps.

Error file:4544.Logos4Error.log (hope I did that right).

Asus M4A79XTD Evo mobo, AMD Athlon X4 640, 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM, GTX 460 1gig GPU, Windows 7 Pro 64bit. 

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 1:01 PM

Robert Drouhard:
(hope I did that right).

The file came through fine, but Bradley asked for the Logos4.log file. Please attach that to a follow-up message.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 25
Robert Drouhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 1:16 PM

This? 65576.Logos4.log

Oh, and syncing doesn't appear to be the problem per se, as Logos4 just crashed again, though not while searching.

Asus M4A79XTD Evo mobo, AMD Athlon X4 640, 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM, GTX 460 1gig GPU, Windows 7 Pro 64bit. 

Posts 240
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 1:35 PM

Don't know if this is helpful or not - but while the sync error continues on both my machines, I did some testing. It seems that the NOTES themselves sync up OK - it is the highlighting that is not syncing and thus registering the error.  

Posts 29797
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 1:41 PM

Reid A Ferguson:
It seems that the NOTES themselves sync up OK - it is the highlighting that is not syncing and thus registering the error.

I am unsure what you mean. Since highlights are now notes, is there a distinction you are making? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 1:42 PM

That is the correct file but doesn't show any errors. You'll need to upload the Crash and Error logs for this last crash.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 240
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 1:46 PM

Sorry - I should have been clearer. The TEXT of any new note typed comes through fine, and shows up on both machines perfectly. However, applying a highlight style does not necessarily come over. For instance, I have a highlight style I created which I name (appropriately) "MINE". Passages thus highlighted are not carried over to the other machine the way a the text content is. It either does not show up at all, or gets put into a different style. 

Posts 29797
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 1:56 PM

Reid A Ferguson:
It either does not show up at all, or gets put into a different style. 

Being put into a different style is certainly a problem. Not showing up... Did you check to make sure that note file was turned on in that resource? (just checking Smile)

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25
Robert Drouhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 2:47 PM

I already posted the Error log. Here is the Crash log: 8741.Logos4Crash.txt

Posts 240
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 5:44 PM

Yeah  Bam - should be working in both. 

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Robert Drouhard:

I already posted the Error log. Here is the Crash log: 8741.Logos4Crash.txt

Try deleting this folder:

D:\Program Files\Logos4\Documents\iu0nh2sm.mfm\UserPreferences2

This is only the second time I've seen this crash; my comments from the first time (which provide a little background information) are here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/44276/329575.aspx#329575

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS