"look inside" feature and table of contents

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:24 PM

Really appreciate the "look inside" feature "powered by biblia.com.  i've been perusing a few books today.  But I noticed, none of the perusals allowed me to look at the table of contents.  that's a pretty important focal point when I preview a book.  wondering if that could change--does biblia need special coding, or what?

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:34 PM

Yes

I was using the look Inside feature yesterday when I came across the same need.  As I understand the look inside feature can give you the feel for the structure and style of writing in a resource without giving most of the content away for free.  Access to the Table of Contents would be huge selling point to achieve the purpose of Look Inside

Posts 117
Dennis Parish | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:43 PM

Yes 

Trying to speak the truth in love, "look inside" adds little value. I even prefer the old sample pages to "look inside."

To choose a book, I want the TOC; Indexes of Authors, Sources, and Bibliography (to gauge the scope and quality of coverage), and a sample of the author's text. Professional and user reviews are also very helpful. To that end, I almost always go to Amazon, Google Books, or the publisher's product page. 

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:51 PM

Dennis Parish:
Trying to speak the truth in love, "look inside" adds little value. I even prefer the old sample pages to "look inside."

. . . well (and some still exist!) I do like that we have TOC in the old way.  but, what I do like about the new way is that more of the book is covered, so I can access more of the content, especially when there are unique parts--for instance, a practical application section at the end of a book that opens up more heavily theological.  I also found it easier to use/load.  besides TOC, what feature did you enjoy of the old way?  I think perhaps we had more pages in sequence, even if it was just 4 or 5 of them.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 4:12 PM

I thought Bob was supposed to get on top of this: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/42489.aspx.

(You could try adding a comment to that thread and hope it turns up in his e-mail.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 4:51 AM

fgh:

I thought Bob was supposed to get on top of this: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/42489.aspx.

(You could try adding a comment to that thread and hope it turns up in his e-mail.)

thanks, fgh.  i hadn't seen this thread over the holidays, and it didn't come up when i typed my thread title, either.  I see this has indeed been raised.

Posts 60
LogosEmployee
Aaron Dutton (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 5:01 PM

The ToC portion has been addressed here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/42489/333555.aspx#333555

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS