L4.5 SR-1 : My highlights didn't convert right on one computer: miscellaneous highlights

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 26 2012 3:24 PM

I use Logos on two different desktops (Win7 i7 64-bit and Vista  32-bit) and a tablet (Win7 i5 64-bit).  I upgraded the two desktops to L4.5 SR-1 today (my laptop was upgraded two days ago).

The highlights-to-notes conversion on the Win7 i7 64-bit system doesn't match the other two; my self-created highlighter pallets were instead translated into a file named "Miscellaneous Highlights", and instead of displaying as they should, they just show up as "Solid Colors Yellow" highlights.  The Notes files for the highlighter pallets that I'd created earlier were created, but are empty.

The really odd thing is that, to my best knowledge, the highlighting conversion on the other two systems seems to have gone right.

**BREAKING NEWS**  As I was trying to grab screen captures between systems to show how highlights were dorked in one system but not in the other two, the other two synced...and now all three are equally dorked.

Here is a screenshot of things gone wrong:

I saw that Logos was able to help others get their highlights back...I now need that help too--across all three computers.

Thanks

Posts 25199
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 3:41 PM

Ward

Also send an email to support@logos.com and include a link to this thread

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 3:42 PM

P.S. My tablet also ahows a sync error after it tries to sync...but it does seem to be syncing

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

Ward Walker:

The highlights-to-notes conversion on the Win7 i7 64-bit system doesn't match the other two; my self-created highlighter pallets were instead translated into a file named "Miscellaneous Highlights", and instead of displaying as they should, they just show up as "Solid Colors Yellow" highlights.  The Notes files for the highlighter pallets that I'd created earlier were created, but are empty.

Hi Ward,

This is a known issue in 4.5; we will be releasing a SR-2 update to fix it very soon. Thanks for your patience while we work on resolving this. (In the meantime, it would be best to limit new highlighting/note creation to just one computer, and to not try to repair those highlights manually; the fix will resolve them all automatically.)

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 4:24 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Ward Walker:

Hi Ward,

This is a known issue in 4.5; we will be releasing a SR-2 update to fix it very soon. Thanks for your patience while we work on resolving this. (In the meantime, it would be best to limit new highlighting/note creation to just one computer, and to not try to repair those highlights manually; the fix will resolve them all automatically.)

WILCO--I'll keep my mitts off the keyboard (WRT ref: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/44302/329936.aspx#329936)  Tbl Ticket # 71563

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 4:54 PM

I have just updated to SR-2 and my highlights are still under the yellow highlights. Any information on if another fix is coming through or if I should just kiss all those hours of highlighting goodbye? :(

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 5:10 PM

Daniel Luke Gonzalez:
should just kiss all those hours of highlighting goodbye?

Don't do anything drastic! Logos has been able to help several other users. If someone doesn't get back to you in this thread, start a new one.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

I will be contacting you via email about this problem.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 6:49 PM

Daniel Luke Gonzalez:

I have just updated to SR-2 and my highlights are still under the yellow highlights. Any information on if another fix is coming through or if I should just kiss all those hours of highlighting goodbye? :(

Likewise, I've installed SR-2, and it didn't seem to have an effect on the highlights applied from the former custom pallets. 

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee

Ward, I've sent you an email about the fix. (Please let me know if you didn't get it.)

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 7:38 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Ward, I've sent you an email about the fix. (Please let me know if you didn't get it.)

Bradley, found it, applied it, and had partial success--just fired off an e-mail back to you with as much detail as I've figured out ATT.

- Ward

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 8:36 PM

Ward Walker:

Bradley Grainger:

Bradley, found it, applied it, and had partial success--just fired off an e-mail back to you with as much detail as I've figured out ATT.

- Ward

Bradley kept at my issue into the evening hours and now I'm back in business.  SmileBig SmileCoolYesStar  [I suspect my issue must be due to having Logos on several computers; replication during the 4.5 upgrades confused things]

-- I am very grateful; I don't think I would have slept well tonight thinking that I had 312 pages of "Miscellaneous Highlights" that I might have to manually recover.

Big shout-out to Logos & Bradley for getting the 7,771 highlights that were in my custom pallets back into their proper new notes files...and replicated right across all my PC's.

Posts 8113
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 10:35 PM

Ward Walker:

Big shout-out to Logos & Bradley 

This was a team effort; thanks also to Jacob, Ed, and Mitch for their work in resolving this problem.

And thank you for your patience in dealing with the yellow highlights while you waited for us to fix this bug.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:05 AM

Bradley Grainger:

Ward Walker:

Big shout-out to Logos & Bradley 

This was a team effort; thanks also to Jacob, Ed, and Mitch for their work in resolving this problem.

Yes

Posts 35
Daniel Luke Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 10:48 AM

Bradley Grainger:

I will be contacting you via email about this problem.

Thank you so much! Got the e-mail and everything was fixed! Big Smile

"40,000+ highlights were repaired."

So happy to see that. 

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS