Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:32 PM

Philana Crouch:

Aaron Sauer:

I wonder if there is a way to highlight text that extends to the next page?

You could decrease the size of the text, highlight it, and then put it back to where it was.

Blessings,

Philana

sometimes moving from vertical display to horizontal will give you a couple extra lines as well... btw creative suggestion Philana!

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:32 PM

Aaron Sauer:

In short, no. Philana's advice is best.

[EDIT: Paul's advice too!Smile]

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2947
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:37 PM

Wow, thank you I have found it now.What about PBB is it going to be done in the future?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1436
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:38 PM

So unattached notes are still not available Sad

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:39 PM

Philana Crouch:

Aaron Sauer:

You could decrease the size of the text, highlight it, and then put it back to where it was.

Blessings,

Philana

Great idea...thanks!

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:45 PM

Slava Novik:
So unattached notes are still not available

The notes that I am aware of are ones attached to a verse.

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:46 PM

Tes:
What about PBB is it going to be done in the future?

Yes, but in a future release. No time table has been given. (The next update will fix the reading plan sync.)

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 12:14 AM

They added the ability to download all or type a filter and download all of our libraries! Awesome!!!!

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 12:21 AM

Hi Philana

Philana Crouch:
They added the ability to download all or type a filter and download all of our libraries!

Is it clear whether the "download all" function downloads all of the resources which had previously been downloaded to the device or all the resources which we have available to us?

Graham

Posts 61
David Sawyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:18 AM

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it will not work on my device (ipod touch 2nd gen, ios 4.2.1) but this just isn't happening for me.

I've done a hard reset to try to flush out gremlins to no effect. I've also tried it in both logos and vyrso

1. I can't actually even read my books now as the text is shunted to the right by about 10%, leaving some off the text off the page.  Resizing text does not help.

2. I cannot see how to add notes/highlight.  I don't get the little arrow to right that I see on some of your pictures (by the copy/lookup/search), which I assume is where we go to add notes etc?

3. The extra library functions are useful, but the formatting here is off too.  The pictures of book covers are often stretched or overlap each other. 

So I'm worse off than before the update!  I have given up and will go back to highlighting pdfs :(, and actually reading in pdfs too now

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 3:14 AM

I woke up this morning to a wonderful surprise - an update to Logos on my iPhone & iPad that included Highlighting & Notes!  I've been waiting for this for years... and I have to say - It is EXCELLENT!!

One question - How do I turn on/off certain highlighting palettes?  

River of Life Church: http://LifeOverflowing.org

Visit my blog: http://LifeOverflowing.org/pastor

Posts 13374
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 3:47 AM

David Sawyer:
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it will not work on my device (ipod touch 2nd gen, ios 4.2.1) but this just isn't happening for me.

It may be worth you creating a new thread with a clear title as your post may got lost in here and get missed by the developers.

Posts 281
Sean McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 4:19 AM

Aaron Sauer:

Logos 2.0 for iPhone and iPad is now available!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bible!/id336400266?mt=8

Finally I can just use one app.Smile Sorry O**** T***, my wife still loves you.

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:29 AM

Graham Criddle:
Is it clear whether the "download all" function downloads all of the resources which had previously been downloaded to the device or all the resources which we have available to us?

The "download all" will download all resources not already downloaded. However, you can also filter a search and download select books (i.e. just Vyrso books) as seen in my screen shot.

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:32 AM

Bob Turner:
One question - How do I turn on/off certain highlighting palettes?

This ability is not currently available. It is "all or nothing." [Clarification: you said "highlighting palettes" but I think you meant "note documents." The same is true either way.]

Posts 2
Elliot Diaz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 6:44 AM

I see in your favorites that you have a folder for Passage Lists.  I put all my Passage Lists in my favorites however only the folder appears in my favorites but no passage lists.  I have an IPAD.  How did you get them to appear?

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 7:12 AM

Elliot Diaz:

I see in your favorites that you have a folder for Passage Lists.  I put all my Passage Lists in my favorites however only the folder appears in my favorites but no passage lists.  I have an IPAD.  How did you get them to appear?

Elliot - First, welcome to the forums! 

The reason you saw a folder with "Passage Lists" is because that is a folder of favorites I have on my desktop. Unfortunately Passage lists are not enabled on the mobile app (at least not yet). 

Posts 27
UncleBob | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 7:36 AM

Little confused here... Is it now possible to access a note file that I have created on the desktop app, with notes not attached to specific verses inside of it?

For example, I have a Lectionary-Oriented note file on the desktop, with notes inside it dealing with thoughts/comments on certain Lectionary readings. But to keep my Bibles from being cluttered up with too many note file icons, the notes are "unattached" to verses. Will that type of file be accessible on the mobile app?

Or am I restricted to posting notes directly attached to a resource? And if so, where will I find that note when I go to the desktop app?

[When I get time I will D/L the update and try this out, but thought I'd ask the questions here first.]

Regardless, I SINCERELY thank the good folks at Logos for their hard work in rolling this out. Simply a SUPER upgrade...

Catholic Daily Bible Reading Plan | Daily Catholic Lectionary Meditations

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 8:02 AM

UncleBob:
Is it now possible to access a note file that I have created on the desktop app, with notes not attached to specific verses inside of it?

I don't know the answer to that question for sure, but I think the answer is no. All of the notes I have are attached to a verse. When I look up that verse, the note is there. AFAIK, there isn't a way to open up the note file on the mobile device, so I don't know where you would go to look for that note. Does that make sense?

Posts 9
ivan ramirez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 9:05 AM

I had been hard on you guys before but not this time. 2.0.1. is great. It finally feel like I have the power of Logos 4 in the palm of my hand (what Logos 4 would be like on a mobile device anyway). Thanks for all your handwork. 

I was wondering about a few things. Are there any plans for an exegetical guide in the app?

Additionally, have you ever thought about having the Logos community help fund future features that require some kind of license like text to speech? I would definitely be on board to help raise funds of pay for features I'm interested in. 

Thanks agains. Great job.

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS