Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 65
Dale Winters | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:12 AM

With the latest iPad ap update I now am willing to use the iPad for bible study.  However, I feel like its still only 90% there.  For instance the need for highlighting to synch across platforms is still there.  Is this something that is just not possible or will be available eventually with further updates needed?

Thanks for the hard work!

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:15 AM

Dale Winters:
For instance the need for highlighting to synch across platforms is still there

If you're using Logos 4.5 highlighting should sync between your desktop and your iPad.

Posts 39
Ryan Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:18 AM

I've been waiting since 1 am for somebody to poop all over the parade.  There's always a "but..." isn't there.

As for me and my house, we are busting out the sparkling grape juice today!

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:19 AM

I am seeing the highlights from the desktop in the iPad and iPhone apps. But I am not seeing highlights made on the iPad on the desktop. In fact, I am getting a sync error now.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 28020
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:21 AM

Dale Winters:
the need for highlighting to synch across platforms is still there.  Is this something that is just not possible or will be available eventually with further updates needed?

As Mark said, this should be working for you. If you are up to date on your desktop app, let us know and we can try and trouble shoot with you.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28020
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:26 AM

Fred Greco:
In fact, I am getting a sync error now.

On your iOS devices or on your desktop app? Did you verify that the document file you saved your highlighting to on your mobile device is the same one used on your desktop, or at least that the note file is enabled for that resource?

Posts 1445
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:27 AM

Fred Greco:

I am seeing the highlights from the desktop in the iPad and iPhone apps. But I am not seeing highlights made on the iPad on the desktop. In fact, I am getting a sync error now.

Same here, I updated from 4.5a Beta 1 to 4.5a Beta 2 still same error

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:31 AM

Highlighting has so far been very slow for me. I haven't checked yet to see if it is syncing, but just adding a highlight has a bit of a delay.

I would also like to see a simplified highlighting approach. I would bet that most people, myself included, will be using the same highlighting style most of the time so I'd prefer not to have the styles dialog box pop up every time I make a highlight.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:34 AM

Slava Novik:

Fred Greco:

Same here, I updated from 4.5a Beta 1 to 4.5a Beta 2 still same error

Slava,

I was not on 4.5 beta2, so I will test now and report back if the problem still exists.

Fred Greco

Posts 1445
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:39 AM

Fred Greco:

Slava,

I was not on 4.5 beta2, so I will test now and report back if the problem still exists.

I does exits thats why i am reporting it

... I need help as well

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 28020
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:42 AM

Chris Roberts:
I would bet that most people, myself included, will be using the same highlighting style most of the time so I'd prefer not to have the styles dialog box pop up every time I make a highlight.

I guess this would be possible, however, you must remember that highlighting must be directed to a location. It's not simple highlighting like Kindle or iBooks.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:42 AM

I no longer get the sync error icon. But now new highlights do not sync at all - in either direction. 

Fred Greco

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:44 AM

Chris Roberts:

Highlighting has so far been very slow for me. I haven't checked yet to see if it is syncing, but just adding a highlight has a bit of a delay.

I would also like to see a simplified highlighting approach. I would bet that most people, myself included, will be using the same highlighting style most of the time so I'd prefer not to have the styles dialog box pop up every time I make a highlight.

Credit to Logos for taking this much needed step. However, using highlighting on an iPad first generation is proving to be very sloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww right now. There's a several second delay when applying new highlights or deleting existing ones.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:46 AM

alabama24:
I guess this would be possible, however, you must remember that highlighting must be directed to a location. It's not simple highlighting like Kindle or iBooks.

True, but there again I daresay many will be like me, not really caring what that location is - so I've got mine set to what I guess is a default file, Highlight Pens. There does need to be a way to change these, if desired, but it seems a needless extra step to be prompted every time when every time I'll just use the same settings.

As for sluggishness, it just took 22 seconds from the time I told it to highlight a section to the time the highlight showed up. This is on an iPad 1, and so far each of my highlights have had the same lag. Anyone else seeing this?

Also, I'm not yet seeing my highlights on the desktop, though it's only been a few minutes since I made my first highlight.

Posts 1445
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 10:47 AM

Didn't change anything, weird it began to synchronize Smile 

Posts 28020
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 11:01 AM

Chris Roberts:
As for sluggishness, it just took 22 seconds from the time I told it to highlight a section to the time the highlight showed up. This is on an iPad 1, and so far each of my highlights have had the same lag. Anyone else seeing this?

It normally takes mine between 10-15 seconds. I have an original iPad and an iPhone 4s. I think that it syncs before it shows, which may explain the delay.

Chris Roberts:
Also, I'm not yet seeing my highlights on the desktop, though it's only been a few minutes since I made my first highlight.

I am not sure what the problem is. I am having trouble with that too. I have never had this problem... I am curious. 

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 11:10 AM

I too appreciate the iPad update.  However, my Library still displays items that I have "hidden" on my desktop (specifically, some of the Perseus resources in Latin).  Is this a problem for anyone else?  Any solutions?

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 11:12 AM

What I am finding is that the notes I make on my ipad 1 are sent to my pc but not my mac or my iPhone 3gs.  and all are running the latest drops or betas.  Notes that I make on my mac are not shared anywhere.  Based on the fact that it was working until the role out of version 2... I suspect that it is still a server issue in that it is being overwhelmed by everyone moving to the new app and it wanting to sync everything all at once.  Just my opinion, but the coming hours should tell us a lot.  As for time to sync... just a few seconds is all it takes... it is still internet dependent.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 11:19 AM

alabama24:

It normally takes mine between 10-15 seconds. I have an original iPad and an iPhone 4s. I think that it syncs before it shows, which may explain the delay.

If this remains to be the case, it will make the highlighting function unusable for me. You could not read a piece of text of any decent length - with any kind of a flow - if you need to stop for so long at each place you want to make a highlight to refer back to later.

I'm very pleased Logos took this step as I love reading Logos resources on my iPad and hope this is down to initial teething problems.

Posts 65
Dale Winters | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 11:30 AM

My mistake!  It works now!  It must not have synced correctly earlier, I did notice later that I was having some sync issues that have seemed to have been resolved.

Ok, I seem to have misread a temporary hicup for a missing feature.  I guess the ap is at what I would consider 100% now.  I am very excited about this!  Thanks, Logos!

And thanks to all who were willing to try and help!

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS