Topic Browser in Logos 4?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
David Brewer | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 27 2012 12:40 PM

In Logos 3 (Topic Browser), I could do a search for all of my theological journals that have a certain word in either the title of the journal, or in the title of one of  the major sections of the journal. How do I do that in Logos 4?

For example, let's say I wanted to find all of the theological journal articles that have "Deuteronomy" in the title. How would I do that in Logos 4?

Thanks so much!

David

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 12:55 PM

David Brewer:
For example, let's say I wanted to find all of the theological journal articles that have "Deuteronomy" in the title. How would I do that in Logos 4?

Searching Large Text in my Journals collection finds several results:

Also can search Entire Library for Heading Text; Large Text that includes a Topic section:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5554
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:05 PM

David Brewer:
In Logos 3 (Topic Browser), I could do a search for all of my theological journals that have a certain word in either the title of the journal, or in the title of one of  the major sections of the journal. How do I do that in Logos 4?

Note what KS4J says above.

There's a wiki article that explains some of the why: http://wiki.logos.com/About_Topic_Search

Searching "Large Text" is exactly what you're looking for. Note that To do that click on the blue letters next to "Search" in the search diaolog and select "Large Text" from "Search Terms." You may have to expand "Search Terms" to see this option (just click the little arrow to the left of "Search Terms.")

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 6
David Brewer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:07 PM

Forgive me, I don't know Logos 4 very well. In the Search, I can't seem to change the "All Text" to "Large Text." I can't seem to change it.

Thanks so much.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:15 PM

Wiki has Getting Started with Logos => Search with tips and links, including video tutorials.

David Brewer:
I can't seem to change the "All Text" to "Large Text." I can't seem to change it.

Wonder about clicking small triangle under All Text ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:19 PM

Topical Search Suggestions

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 5554
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:27 PM

David Brewer:

Forgive me, I don't know Logos 4 very well. In the Search, I can't seem to change the "All Text" to "Large Text." I can't seem to change it.

Thanks so much.

1. Click on "All Text." You should see "Search Fields."
  2. Click on the little triangle to the left of "Search fields." You should see a list of options.
  3. Find "Large Text" in the list and click in the box to the left of "Large Text." (ignore the search box in this drop down list for now.)
  4. Click on the search panel and enter your search term in the search field.

This should give you what you want.

The search field in the drop down list (after clicking "All Text") is to quickly find available search fields, not for searching your library. A bit confusing. But it's helpful if you want to quickly find a search term you already know you want.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:38 PM

Logos User Voice suggestion => Bring back Topic Search and Fuzzy Search has a status of planned.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 1:44 PM

David Brewer:
I can't seem to change the "All Text" to "Large Text."

Make sure you're doing a "Basic Search" and not "Bible Search" David.

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS