Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:04 AM

My highlighting is still not syncing up. I am able to read and highlight on iOS devices just fine. Just nothing syncs up to the Desktop. Syncing from Desktop to iOS works though.

Once these main bugs get worked out, this is going to be incredible. The custom highlighting abilities on iOS and Desktop is better than any other app I have worked with! Nice!

Also loving the 'Download All' functionality added to iOS.

Posts 27806
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:18 AM

Ed Stone:
My highlighting is still not syncing up.

Ed - The notes & highlights are temporarily disabled.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:23 AM

alabama24:

Ed Stone:
My highlighting is still not syncing up.

Thanks Alabama24!  I kind of figured that but it appeared that Fred, Andy, and Kenneth were having some luck syncing so I thought I would give an update too.

Perhaps Logos is working on the issue and temporarily turning stuff on and off in the process?  

Ed

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:35 AM

alabama24:

Strangely, they are not at my end. I have just run a test and added three notes from my iPad and opened up the resource on L4Mac and, hey, presto, everything has synced as expected.

I was unaware of the downtime and have been making notes from my iPhone throughout the afternoon. As far as I can see, all have successfully synced.

I wonder if they are selectively disabling/enabling in order to test the system? Or, alternatively, perhaps the most urgent issue is fixed and they have re-enabled, but not yet had chance to announce it?

Posts 155
James Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:45 AM

It is strange that some work and some do not. I am one that Logos crashes upon opening on iPad. Guess I'll be using my Logos on my Android Tablet at church tomorrow... without highlighting and note taking ;)

Hope this is fixed soon,

Jim

Posts 27806
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 11:35 AM

Andy Evans:
Strangely, they are not at my end. I have just run a test and added three notes from my iPad and opened up the resource on L4Mac and, hey, presto, everything has synced as expected.

One of the developers mentioned that this might be the case for some users, but officially they are still disabled.

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 11:45 AM

alabama24:

One of the developers mentioned that this might be the case for some users, but officially they are still disabled.

Hopefully it will be fixed for everyone shortly. 

I am very, very impressed with the improvements with the app. It is a huge leap forward and I can safely say that the Logos app via the iPad will now be my reading device of choice (resulting in less purchases through the Kindle store and more through Logos and Vyrso).

I am very pleased.

Thank you Logos!

Posts 234
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 12:35 PM

I agree with Andy. I am SO excited about the iPad app and the upcoming fixes. I'm going to use it a lot for reading and researching. I am looking forward to the coming months of new releases!!

Posts 155
James Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:26 PM

Does anyone know the statis of this issue? Was the app fixed and submitted and we are just waiting on Apple's approval? Is the app still being worked on and yet to be submitted to Apple? Will the sync be disabled until the update is available?

Better yet.... can some of us having problems get a beta to install while waiting on Apple's process of submitting and approving?

Jim

Posts 27806
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 2:25 PM

James Brown:
Does anyone know the statis of this issue? Was the app fixed and submitted and we are just waiting on Apple's approval? Is the app still being worked on and yet to be submitted to Apple? Will the sync be disabled until the update is available?

My understanding is that the sync will be disabled until the fix, although some users have had mixed results. There is no word about the fix, but it will download as soon as it is submitted & approved. 

James Brown:
Better yet.... can some of us having problems get a beta to install while waiting on Apple's process of submitting and approving?

Beta testing for iOS apps is not like for other programs. Apple only allows a limited number to participate. Furthermore, you should be aware of the risks. I have been beta testing the mobile apps for a couple of months, sometimes going through times of losing everything and having to reload. (By the way, that is kind of the point of beta testing... not to get all the cool features in advance, but to help work out the bugs). If you are interested, you can send a request to iphone@logos.com. I do not know if there will be a beta for this issue released before it goes live to the public or not.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 10:20 PM

alabama24:
My understanding is that the sync will be disabled until the fix, although some users have had mixed results.

I'm puzzled about this since sync is still working for me. Tried it just a moment ago with a highlight I made on the iPad - showed up on the desktop within moments. Not sure what to make of it given the word that sync has been turned off.

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 10:55 PM

Chris Roberts:

alabama24:
My understanding is that the sync will be disabled until the fix, although some users have had mixed results.

I'm puzzled about this since sync is still working for me. Tried it just a moment ago with a highlight I made on the iPad - showed up on the desktop within moments. Not sure what to make of it given the word that sync has been turned off.

Hi Chris,

Sync is also working for me. In fact, as far as I can tell, it has been working continuously without disruption since 2.0 went live. Alabama (above) states that one of the developers suggested that the disablement of the sync would not effect everyone. I presume, therefore, that the disablement is not as universal and definite as the original post suggests.

Perhaps the develops need some traffic in order troubleshoot or perhaps they have just disabled sync where it is causing the specific problem? Of course, this is pure speculation. I am grateful that I still have access, however, and, as you describe, everything appears to be working as expected.

Andy

Posts 22087
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2012 12:00 AM

Andy Evans:
Perhaps the develops need some traffic in order troubleshoot or perhaps they have just disabled sync where it is causing the specific problem? Of course, this is pure speculation. I am grateful that I still have access, however, and, as you describe, everything appears to be working as expected.

For me, it looks as though some aspect of sync is enabled, which results in the app crashing whenever I try and use it outside of airplane mode!

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2012 12:12 PM

Now I'm crashing whenever I start the app. :/ Switch the iPad to offline mode and I can launch without issue.

The app was working fine just this morning.

Posts 26
Peter Comont | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 6:20 AM

My impression is the same.  Airplane mode is fine, and also when I reinstalled it and did not sign in it was fine.  When I signed in it started to crash and now does so every time unless in airplane.

Posts 56
Dr. Mark C. Spellman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 3:25 PM

Looks like highlighting is syncing across IOs5 with Ipad and Desktop software using logos4.  Hooray!

Posts 1850
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 3:36 PM

Still crashing for me. Crying

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 3:58 PM

I bet they are still testing some stuff.  Some of the highlights I have made on my iPad appear to have synced but when I just tried highlighting on my iPad just now, nothing synced.

Not all of the highlighting synced up either.  It appears it was having trouble with markup in the margin...not sure though.

I don't think it is there yet. I am sure they will make an announcement when they have the fix done.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 4:15 PM

Ed Stone:

I bet they are still testing some stuff.  Some of the highlights I have made on my iPad appear to have synced but when I just tried highlighting on my iPad just now, nothing synced.

Not all of the highlighting synced up either.  It appears it was having trouble with markup in the margin...not sure though.

I don't think it is there yet. I am sure they will make an announcement when they have the fix done.

I think they are fixing this. I called Logos this morning and asked about some parts of my custom highlights not syncing. Mainly adding some images I had added for inductive Bible study. Customer Support said this was a sync issue that was being fixed. I am very appreciative of the new notes and highlighting features. I will be glad with the sync bug is fixed.

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:02 PM

Philana Crouch:

I think they are fixing this. I called Logos this morning and asked about some parts of my custom highlights not syncing. Mainly adding some images I had added for inductive Bible study. Customer Support said this was a sync issue that was being fixed. I am very appreciative of the new notes and highlighting features. I will be glad with the sync bug is fixed.

Thanks for the update Philana! I will be glad too. I just hope that when they fix it, my mobile notes and highlights will indeed sync and catch up properly. I have been using it like crazy!

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS