New Testament Introduction

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 28 2012 6:28 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-New-Testament-Revised-English/dp/0687195756/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327760822&sr=1-1

The best in the field.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 117
Dennis Parish | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:30 AM

George, I believe this book is now the leading continental introduction to the NT. (Note Betz's comments). It would be great to have either(or both!) on Logos. 

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 10:35 AM

Dennis Parish:

George, I believe this book is now the leading continental introduction to the NT. (Note Betz's comments). It would be great to have either(or both!) on Logos. 

You could well be correct.  We used Kümmel when I was in cemetary.  I remember HDB from my time at Claremont though I never studied under him since he was NT and I was OT.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2012 4:08 PM

I haven't looked at it in ages, but I wouldn't mind Perrin - Duling: The New Testament: An Introduction, which we used once upon a time.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2012 7:27 PM

We used Writings of the New Testament at Saint Paul School of Theology when I took the class a few years ago.  Wish I had Logos back then.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 117
Dennis Parish | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2012 9:18 PM

I had Brown's Introduction. Great stuff.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS