Logos 4.5 Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:14 AM

Fortunately I haven't had any problems with Logos 4 in a long time. The update went without any problems so far as I can see. I like the new highlighting feature very much and it is one I have wanted, but never suggested. That is...

I can now have shortcuts for underlining and highlight. I like to use the red pencil for underlining and now use the shortcut "R" for that. For the yellow highlighting, I use the shortcut "H". First select the desired section to mark, right click and hit the shortcut button. Nice and easy!

Thanks, Logos!

Ergatees

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:16 AM

Dear all,

I could have added that it is no longer necessary to have the window open for marking and highlighting. The shortcuts will work so that saves space on the screen.

E.

Posts 28906
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:22 AM

Glad you like it. Shortcuts are very helpful.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:24 AM

I am finding that  highlights being applied on-screen in 4.5 is M U C H faster than 4.3, especially for me in the ESV--in 4.3, it could easily take 23+ minutes for a highlight to appear (using an i7 processor!) but now in 4.5 it is essentially instantaneous...which is actually causing me "select" issues since I highlight so quickly, but that is a different matter...

The one oddity is that the first time I choose a highlight style from a pallet, there is a pregnant pause in which Logos locks up ("Not Responding")--I suppose as 4.5 "loads" the corresponding pallet note file into memory.  Subsequent "calls" for styles from that "loaded" pallet work very quickly.

I'm really happy with the speed of 4.5 highlighting--it feels like I'm using Logos for the first time again.

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2012 10:26 AM

Hello, Ward

Gadzooks! I would never use anything that took 23+ minutes. How can it be? I have an i5 processor and 4gb of ram. I am using a laptop with Windows 7.

So something must have been wrong. Maybe you bought too many books? lol

I try not to highlight everything, that's also why I only use the red pencil and the yellow highlighter. As a youngster I had my whole Bible highlighted... Well almost. It was crazy.

In any case, I am liking the new fangled edition.

E.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS