Logos selleth, Logos taketh away…

Page 2 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 82 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:01 PM

Wow ! What a spectacular title for a forum thread ! Do you write for the National Inquirer? That rag mag  comes to mind because they also print stories that are not based on fact. If you are indeed in contact with the Inquirer, You might want to approach them about a job as a photographer. You could use the perfectly framed avatar shot as an example. Why do you hide your face?

Michael Anda:

I'm sure Brother A-Hole is reading too much into my comments.  Geeked

Now that's just over the top. Even I would never call someone an A-Hole...Even if that A-Hole is Posting lies and attempting to cause chaos. This post is offensive. Possibly Super Tramp or Andy Evans will report the abuse.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:16 PM

Willard Scott:
Possibly Super Tramp or Andy Evans will report the abuse.

Speak for yourself, John.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:18 PM

I just can't bring myself to be a Rat. I'll leave that to the pros. Big Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:42 PM

Willard Scott:

I just can't bring myself to be a Rat. I'll leave that to the pros. Big Smile

But you're enough of a rat to suggest it?  When my stepson and stepdaughter were young, he was the daring type who always got into mischief while she was an instigator.  I always considered that she was equally guilty.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:53 PM

George Somsel:
But you're enough of a rat to suggest it? 
A man's gotta know his limitations.Big Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 9:00 PM

Willard Scott:

George Somsel:
But you're enough of a rat to suggest it? 
A man's gotta know his limitations.Big Smile

OK, Harry (that was "Dirty Harry", wasn't it?).

george
gfsomsel

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 9:47 PM

Giovanni Baggio:
LOL a quote Scriptures and the devil replies with curse words.

The accuser of the brethren uses Scripture too.  And what word do you feel is more appropriate to describe a person who behaves as you did above?  Jerk doesn't seem adequate somehow.

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 10:34 PM

George Somsel:
Speak for yourself, John.
OOOOOHHHH ! I get it. ! Sorry it took me a while. You are playing Priscilla tonight. I just didn't recognize you in the bustle.

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 10:58 PM

As amusing as it might be to see this play out, this is probably an example of the forums at their worst. You are men whom I respect, and I would love if the personal attacks would stop. Turn the other cheek, and all that.

Hope you have a blessed week!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 11:24 PM

Michael Anda:
Logos lack of acknowledgement of this event has me concerned as much as anything.

Observation: the second page of forum thread included for reading => Uh oh...my downloaded resources have vanished!  included Logos response.

Michael Anda:
What are the PRACTICAL concerns involved here? 

Wondering if practical concerns have been answered ?

If so, one option to consider is a request for Logos to delete this thread, which has attracted many unattractive words.

Personally looking forward to Logos improving Android app plus iOS app plus Logos 4 along with future Logos 5.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 11:26 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

If so, one option to consider is a request for Logos to delete this thread, which has attracted many unattractive words.

Personally looking forward to Logos improving Android app plus iOS app plus Logos 4 along with future Logos 5.

Keep Smiling Smile

YesYesYes

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 11:58 PM

No one seems terribly interested in discussing THAT matter. 

The truth isn't always pretty, as they say.

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 4:42 AM

For goodness' sake, guys, give this argument and thread a 4 day break, and then never return to it again.  Holy Cow.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 5:11 AM

Dan DeVilder:
Holy Cow.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 7:19 AM

Dan DeVilder:
Holy Cow

Would that be the red heifer?  Wink

george
gfsomsel

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 7:50 AM

Willard Scott:
Why do you hide your face?

I will ask you one question. Answer me, and then I will tell you.  Why does a sockpuppet ask someone why it is they hide their face? Answer me.  Geeked

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 10:14 AM

Michael Anda:

Willard Scott:
Why do you hide your face?

I will ask you one question. Answer me, and then I will tell you.  Why does a sockpuppet ask someone why it is they hide their face? Answer me.  Geeked

I can only assume that the puppet has an inquiring mind, As  do I.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 10:16 AM

Michael Anda:

No one seems terribly interested in discussing THAT matter.

Page 3 of thread linked in original post => http://community.logos.com/forums/t/44025.aspx?PageIndex=3 begins with Logos developer reply:

David Schwegler:
We have indeed taken some initial steps to address this case in 0.9.4. For now, there should not be any more problems. We know this is an important issue, so we will make every effort to preserve your downloads if we see this scenario on the horizon in the future. :)

Practically Logos developers are improving Android app; version 0.9.4 was released two days ago => Logos/Vyrso for Android 0.9.4 Released

Michael Anda:
The truth isn't always pretty, as they say.

Reported thread as abuse due to intentional misleading in original post (title and some content) plus many abusive replies (by several forum users) that lack focus on using Logos Bible Software.  Having to download resources again after login does not equate to "Logos taketh away..." part of thread title.  If had been unable to access resources again, then title would be truthful.

Also appreciate frustration needing to download resources again (been there, done that).  Thankful for Logos iOS 2 app feature to search library, then one tap to download all, which is planned for Android app.  Noticed Android 0.9.4 release added split screen for viewing resources, which iOS app has had for many months so am encouraged by Android progress.

Praying for God's Love and Peace for all involved in this thread.  Also praying for friendly forum focus on using Logos Bible Software. 

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 10:35 AM

Misleading?  Intentional?, YOU didn't read THIS full thread if you believe that KS4J.  You seem to be unaware that Bob Pritchett and myself are probably the ONLY people that have discussed Logos software on this thread.  I'm not going to go back and reread this thread to check my assertion, however.

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 10:56 AM

Okay, I lied.  I DID reread this thread to see if anyone else had discussed Logos software beside Bob and myself and saw that I had forgot about the google advanced search discussion.  Technically not Logos software discussion, but… close enough.

My interest with this posting was to discuss Logos ultimate position of power over the process.  I wasn't intimating ANY type of impropriety on their part.  It just seemed to be that we are HUGELY subject to their competence and solvency here.  Since most Logos user have a significant investment in Logos, what's wrong with discussing the matter?  Would it NOT be comforting to know that when we download resources we are then at the mercy of only OUR backup competence?

Page 2 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS