Indexer Failure after 4.5 SR-2 Install

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 63
Jim Dunne | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 30 2012 7:22 PM

Hi,

Something went awry with my SR upgrade, I think.  Now, every time I start Logos, it looks like the indexer starts to run, but then errors out.  I get the standard windows "program has stopped running" blurb, with these details:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    logos4indexer.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    4.50.0.1869
  Problem Signature 03:    4f21e45c
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    4e154d90
  Problem Signature 07:    344a
  Problem Signature 08:    15a
  Problem Signature 09:    System.UnauthorizedAccess
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

I tried the "Rebuild Index" command, but the same thing happens.

Support/insights/sympathy :) welcome. 

Blessings,

Jim Dunne

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 7:39 PM

Jim,

Whenever there is a problem like this we almost always need log files to help. If you have never enables diagnostic logging, you'll need to do so. You can learn how to do that here: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging  Follow the instructions to enable permanent logging. The instructions about what to do with the files are on that page, too.

You'll need to enable logging, then reopen Logos 4 and let it crash. Then put all the files in one .zip folder and attach it to a follow-up message.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 63
Jim Dunne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 8:18 PM

Thanks, Mark.  Never had to do this before.  File is attached.5633.logos log files 120130.zip

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 8:56 PM

Jim,

Thanks that is helpful. The Indexer is quitting when it can't get access to a temp folder: c:\windows\temp\tmp1353.tmp  in the last instance. (The others in the Error log are the same except a different file name, as expected).

I haven't seen anyone blocked from their temp folder before. Others who've had trouble have needed to unblock a Logos folder during installation.

Please use Windows Explorer to navigate to the C:\windows\temp folder, then right click on the folder name and select Properties. Then go to the Security tab and see if you as the user have full permissions for this folder. You should.

If not, there is an explanation (and screen shots) of how to take ownership of a Windows folder here: http://wiki.logos.com/Fixing_Logos_4_folder_Ownership You will need to take ownership of that folder and try to run Logos again. If  the crashes we probably know why, but zip up the log files again and attach them.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 63
Jim Dunne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 5:17 AM

Mark,

That fixed it!  Seems a bit ominous that I lost permissions to the TEMP directory -  but it's resolved, and Logos is happily indexing away.

Thanks much for the assist.

Blessings,

Jim D.

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:15 AM

Yes

Glad it worked for you.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3

Mark, I'm getting a similar error.  I've attached my files.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 4:02 AM

Mark Silverstein:

Mark, I'm getting a similar error.  I've attached my files.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Welcome Big Smile

Not Mark.  Noticed Logos4IndexerCrash.txt has "Program Version: 4.3 SR-7 (4.30.0.1621)"

Wiki => Logos 4 Release Notes shows current Logos 4 stable release is 4.5a SR-1 (4.51.0.2057); also noticed 4.3 SR-7 (4.30.0.1621) was released on 5 Dec 2011.

Wonder about upgrading Logos 4 ?  manually download and install current Logos 4.5a SR-1 then see if indexing crash repeats.

Wiki Getting Started with Logos has => Installation + Indexing with link => Logos 4 PC Installer plus link =>  Installation and Indexing FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2012 3:11 PM

Here's another one.  I have had repeated problems indexing on the fly, though I have had success in the recent past if I have manually asked the indexer to index everything from scratch from within L4.

Attached are my error logs: 4212.Logos Log Files.zip

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Blessings on this Good Friday 2012,

Scott

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 7 2012 8:05 AM

Scott K:
Attached are my error logs:

Logos4IndexerCrash.txt has an error:

• Error detail: SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.

Within the error stack, noticed "InsufficientDiskSpace"

Scott K:
I have had repeated problems indexing on the fly, though I have had success in the recent past if I have manually asked the indexer to index everything from scratch from within L4.

Rebuild Library index command deletes Library index then builds.  Incremental indexing merges postings into a copy of the Library index (along with some temporary files).

Wondering about size of your Library Index folder ?   C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\random\LibraryIndex

Since using stable 4.5a SR-1 release, other option is contacting Logos Tech Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2012 9:23 AM

I ended up resolving my issue by replacing my internal HD.  Diagnostics (and sharing my error codes with Dell) revealed that my drive had already "failed."  Installed a new HD and now I'm back to indexing smoothly.  Cool

Scott

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 17 2012 5:28 PM

Scott K:

I ended up resolving my issue by replacing my internal HD.  Diagnostics (and sharing my error codes with Dell) revealed that my drive had already "failed."  Installed a new HD and now I'm back to indexing smoothly.  Cool

Scott

Rejoicing with you Geeked Thanks for sharing.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS