L4 and L5.....

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 4:37 AM

Abi Gail:
The Benny Hinn style

Oops, I meant literary style, and Spurgeon would be a good model here.  Though may be modern people would not be very patient to listen to his style, or suspicious.  But still good for me.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 4:39 AM

Big Smile

~

Posts 19039
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 5:09 AM

Tim Bader:

Seriously though, what is the general policy about paying for major upgrades?

Are we likely to be charged for upgrading to Logos 5?

General policy is and always has been that they never charge for upgrades to the software engine, only for new resources and databases. Sometimes (as in the case of L4) they might introduce new features that require new databases to work (e.g., Biblical People/Places/Things for L4), but you can still get the base software upgrade for free (see Option 4 here: http://www.logos.com/4ways) and just won't have access to those particular features, but there will still be tons of other new features you can use as part of the free upgrade. That model is likely to remain the case for Logos 5.

Posts 8652
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 5:44 AM

Will you be charging people to upgrade from Logos 4 to Logos 5?

Tim Bader:
Will you be charging people to upgrade from Logos 4 to Logos 5?
Tim Bader:
Seriously though, what is the general policy about paying for major upgrades?
 Logos does not charge for program upgrades.  The L4 engine is a free download for L3 users (And L1 or L2 users - or users who have  never used it at all!)  There are some functions that require licensing fees that are only available with a paid crossgrade such as the Infographics, Biblical places etc.  These are all datasets that have to be paid for.  Prorammers have to eat too you know.  (smile).    So no, Logos won't charge you to use the L5 engine whenever that comes out.  HOWEVER, it is likely that there will be new datasets tied exclusively to L5 that you will have to pay for if you want to use them thus creating a need to pay for a crossgrade from Lwhatever to L5.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 8652
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 5:51 AM

I should have known.  Rosie beat me by about half an hour.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 38
Tim Bader | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 6:31 AM

Thanks Guys,

That's really good to know!

And yes, I understand that Developers need to eat too, having been one for a number of years. Smile

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 6:54 AM

Tim Bader:

Thanks Guys,

That's really good to know!

And yes, I understand that Developers need to eat too, having been one for a number of years. Smile

There is one other caveat to remember about Logos upgrades.

The base packages are also usually upgraded at the same time. There may be additional titles added to the new upgraded base package that would involve an upgrade cost.

For example, many commentary sets are still in progress. The new base package would include the titles that have been released since the previous base package upgrade. Logos has been good to "personally tailor" upgrade pricing to account for the new titles in the package that you may have already purchased. There are sometimes other additional new titles added to the base packages.

Platinum and Portfolio base packages were added when L4 was introduced. I upgraded from Gold to Platinum with a nice discount at that time.

I'm hoping that a Titanium package is added above the Platinum package with L5. Cool 

Posts 1416
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 12:05 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Since I've been part of the private beta of these cool bonus features I've decided to break my NDA and highlight them here.

1. A new Sermon Guide. When a passage is highlighted, you right click it and it does all the exegetical work for you and comes up with an instantly preachable homily with full notes and video/graphics. If you buy the bulleting outline update for $19.99 you get an insert printed. If you buy the presentation upgrade for $29.99 it will create a lifelike humanoid that will actually preach the message with various priced famous preacher skins. I tested the Charles Stantley skin and it worked well. One of my congregants couldn't believe I got Charles Stanley to make that video for our church.

Will this feature be implemented in Logos 7? ;-)

This Pastor Thinks Robot Preachers Could Be In Our Future (Huffington Post 04/17/2015)

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 2:58 PM

H.-J.van der Wal:

Kevin A. Purcell:

Since I've been part of the private beta of these cool bonus features I've decided to break my NDA and highlight them here.

1. A new Sermon Guide. When a passage is highlighted, you right click it and it does all the exegetical work for you and comes up with an instantly preachable homily with full notes and video/graphics. If you buy the bulleting outline update for $19.99 you get an insert printed. If you buy the presentation upgrade for $29.99 it will create a lifelike humanoid that will actually preach the message with various priced famous preacher skins. I tested the Charles Stantley skin and it worked well. One of my congregants couldn't believe I got Charles Stanley to make that video for our church.

Will this feature be implemented in Logos 7? ;-)

This Pastor Thinks Robot Preachers Could Be In Our Future (Huffington Post 04/17/2015)

That would be disastrous. We should never play around with AI in order to create life in artificial sense. Playing God is a bad thing. Besides it's the Holy Spirit that drives a pastor. Without the Holy Spirit providing passion for that pastor all you would have is a fake,soulless,passionless machine with no substance.

Also if books like Frankenstein and movies like Westworld and Terminator that show the bad side of what happens when you play God isn't a deterrent to not play God then may God Himself have mercy on us all if we do head into that route.

Posts 28686
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 3:02 PM

I think it was a joke. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 30128
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 3:08 PM

Tim Bader:

Yes, but all they need is coffee and a vending machine no matter how long they've been up. At a certain point colored water can replace the vending machine coffee/hot chocolate - they won't notice. The real issue is that their families need REAL food.Stick out tongue

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 5:25 PM

alabama24:

I think it was a joke. 

I know but I wanted to put my  where it didn't belong Stick out tongue

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS