Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 7
Joshua Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:52 PM

I have noticed that syncing is not automatic anymore. I have to physically click the sync in order to have the latest version update to the cloud for the other computers to get the latest information.

I honestly don't mind this...in fact if it helps make using the program faster for editing and setting up a presentation then I am all for it. BUT I think the sync button should turn RED once a change has been made. I would also suggest adding a warning when closing Proclaim that you haven't synced if you haven't done it already. This would make sure that that latest change is pushed to the cloud so that all members of the team have the latest update.

Thanks for the work so far. Keep up the good work!

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 11:18 PM

Joshua Wright:

I have noticed that syncing is not automatic anymore. I have to physically click the sync in order to have the latest version update to the cloud for the other computers to get the latest information.

I honestly don't mind this...in fact if it helps make using the program faster for editing and setting up a presentation then I am all for it. BUT I think the sync button should turn RED once a change has been made. I would also suggest adding a warning when closing Proclaim that you haven't synced if you haven't done it already. This would make sure that that latest change is pushed to the cloud so that all members of the team have the latest update.

Thanks for the work so far. Keep up the good work!

Dear Joshua,

Apologies for the brevity of my response, but I am heading out shortly.

Proclaim should still sync automatically. If it is not doing this, the developers will want to know and will, most likely, want to see your logs (someone can assist you in locating and uploading your logs should you unsure how to do so).

I am aware, from another post, that the intervals between syncing have changed. I believe (from recollection) that the software used to sync automatically ever 10 seconds whereas now the programme syncs every 60 seconds or whenever a change is made to the presentation. I wonder, therefore, if this might explain the behaviour you are seeing?

I presume you are not seeing the yellow warning sign over the sync icon? This would confirm that there is definitely an issue with sync.

Andy

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:35 AM

Thank you for your input! We changed the frequency with which Proclaim syncs to enhance performance and usability during collaboration.

Proclaim now waits 60 seconds after an edit before syncing changes, and looks for edits from other users every 15 minutes. Also, Proclaim waits to sync if the application is idle. 

You can always sync manually by clicking the icon.

The three sync states for Proclaim are: 

Hope that helps,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2012 11:48 PM

Build 82 for Windows (shipped tonight) includes support for finishing sync on shutdown. This feature will be supported on Mac in the next release.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS