Logos Selleth and... It's Still Yours!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 639
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 1 2012 10:45 AM

Here's an illustration of why I like Logos...

Been telling my pastor friend he needs to get Logos. He said, "I had it years ago, but not anymore." Back in seminary, he bought Logos Scholars on sale, and loaded it on an old computer that had been given to him for use in seminary. After he finished his language studies, the old computer died, the discs went in the bottom of a filing cabinet, and Logos was forgotten.

Six years later...

My friend found the old Logos discs. He tried to load them to an XP computer, but with no success. By chance, he called customer service. They said, "Yeah, we still have your name in our records. Here's how you can download your files. My friend is now rediscovering his Logos library on his Apple I-Pad.

Logos selleth and it's still yours!

Posts 28236
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:15 AM

Yes

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1581
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:31 AM

Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1069
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:45 AM

I do appreciate that Logos sells you licenses and then treats them that way.

The record companies try to keep the best of the physical good and intellectual property benefits to themselves. They use whichever analogy is most convenient to themselves. For instance, someone asked a record executive that if they were selling licenses, could they retain the rights to receive (download or retain) a copy of the product they purchased in case their CD broke? The executive responded that if he broke his drink glass, nobody would give him a new one.

All that is to say that I appreciate the sound moral position that Logos takes on this. They seem to be very honest with their customers, and even though I'm new to the product, it gives me comfort to know that they'll be fair to their customers.

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:46 AM

I purchased a commentary set from a competitor (used to be anyway). Every time they changed the program, the owner had to purchase everything again. I like the Logos setup much better.

Posts 28236
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:59 AM

Welcome to the forums Wayne! Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:30 PM

Yes

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 233
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:41 PM

Ted Weis:
My friend is now rediscovering his Logos library on his Apple I-Pad.

Yes

Posts 1205
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 7:50 PM

Yes

Posts 372
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 5:51 PM

I like that as well.

In Him,

Jim

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 93
Fab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:11 PM

Yes. I would have liked to believe it also ... but, as a matter of fact, it's now 3 weeks I'm waiting to get my Nelson Collection on my Logos Software on this pc! I've sent three emails concerning that issue and nobody fixed it yet. I'm now irritated and yes it's frustrating to buy something you need and have no access to it for three weeks and have no clue of how much time I'm still gonna have to wait ...

I'm not mad at Logos, I'm only expressing my frustration and at the same time make known that problem as a suggestion in order to improve that technical service. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:26 PM

Fabrice de Almeida:
but, as a matter of fact, it's now 3 weeks I'm waiting to get my Nelson Collection on my Logos Software on this pc! I've sent three emails concerning that issue and nobody fixed it yet.

Apologies: personally had a different experience when sending one serial number for account unlock to Logos sales.  Wonder about contacting Santiago Galeano, who is a Direct Sales Manager at Logos ?  Santiago (dot) Galeano (at) logos (dot) com

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 93
Fab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 5:44 AM

I didn't think about him because he's indeed budy with sales, not technical problems. But well, in despair I could send my emails everywhere of course. Lastly I told the Costumer Service but still didn't do anything about this. Meanwhile, they did locked my Perseus Collection I've asked them to do. That's fixed now. 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS