Product reviews broken?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:03 AM

Am I the only one seeing an error where the reviews should be on the product pages?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:07 AM

I see no error - but Chrome here

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:41 AM

NewbieMick:

I see no error - but Chrome here

I'm using Firefox. Some pages don't have error, but they don't have reviews either.  When the error does show, it doesn't show immediately.  Here's a page where I see the error:

http://www.logos.com/product/308/the-new-american-standard-bible-1995-update

I'm wondering if a test setting mistakenly made it into production because internal.social.api.logos.com can't be found in DNS, but social.api.logos.com can.

Or it could just be me having weird DNS issues.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:50 AM

Todd Phillips:

I'm using Firefox. Some pages don't have error, but they don't have reviews either.  When the error does show, it doesn't show immediately.  Here's a page where I see the error:

http://www.logos.com/product/308/the-new-american-standard-bible-1995-update

No error, but no review either:

a page with review is http://www.logos.com/product/5321/commentary-on-the-new-testament-use-of-the-old-testament and works without issue:

Maybe it really is a Firefox issue - I used it for some time and with the exception of the "DownThemAll"-Addon was very unimpressed, especially speedwise it was more like a glimming turtle than a fox on fire, constant updates annoyed me and didn't make it noticeably faster for me. 

Posts 117
Dennis Parish | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:47 PM

Todd,

I see the error in Chrome.

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:50 PM

Dennis Parish:

Todd,

I see the error in Chrome.

can you post a screenshot, so we see what's not working? Maybe Todd is right about the DNS.

EDIT: but then I can got to social.api.logos.com (gives a 403 forbidden page) but internal.social.api.logos.com brings up a DNS-error for me as well. Where do I need this for looking at a review? 

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Nathan R. Elson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 1:31 PM

I want to thank you for reporting this issue.  If I may ask can you let me know the following information when you see the error:

1. What OS/Browser combination you are using (version helps too)
  2. The product you are experiencing the error on

This will help us figure out what is going on and solve the problem

Thanks!

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 8:27 AM

Nathan R. Elson:

I want to thank you for reporting this issue.  If I may ask can you let me know the following information when you see the error:

1. What OS/Browser combination you are using (version helps too)
  2. The product you are experiencing the error on

This will help us figure out what is going on and solve the problem

Thanks!

All is working correctly today.  Did it fix itself?

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Nathan R. Elson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 10:42 AM

Not exactly.  We have a great development staff.  Let us know if you have any further issues with reviews.

Thanks!

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:14 AM

Nathan R. Elson:

Not exactly.  We have a great development staff.

What I meant was: Was it a network issue that resolved without intervention?  (Not meaning to downplay any work that was put in)

Glad to see the devs were able to fix it!

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Nathan R. Elson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 2:39 PM

Todd,

No problem.  It was a network issue in the sense that the wrong API was being referenced, but it was a willful act from our developers who caught it and fixed it.

As I mentioned, we have an awesome development team.

Nathan

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS