New (limited time) Deals From Vyrso!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3733
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:34 PM

alabama24:

Thank you Logos / Vyrso, & thank you Alabama! (I'd been out there early today & there was nothing...)

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 11639
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:45 PM

Thanks for highlighting this!

There's quite a number of freebies listed. For the "more serious theologians" between us, who don't care much about romance stories etc, it may be worthwile to look at the tab for "More deals - limited time". It seems four works by Francis Schaeffer are for sale at mere $3.74, but only till Feb 3rd.

Note that three of those are newer editions of works contained in http://www.logos.com/product/153/the-complete-works-of-francis-a-schaeffer while I couldn't find http://vyrso.com/product/14585/the-finished-work-of-christ-the-truth-of-romans-1-8 there and thus think it really might be "new" (description says, it was made from recorded tapes).

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 7:47 PM

oh my, oh my this book on sex promises to be good.  By the time I get married I'll know all about how to please a woman....eh hehehehehe.

yes, yes, yes!

LOL Giovanni u naughty boy!

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 8:08 PM

Giovanni Baggio:
oh my, oh my this book on sex promises to be good

Got it, Read it, and I can only say that Sprouls book beats it hands down.

http://www.logos.com/product/222/the-intimate-marriage

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 2876
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 8:12 PM

Thanks Alabama!  Appreciate you calling that to my attention.  Not only got several free volumes, but bought a couple of others that were a bargain.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 8:35 PM

Thank you, Logos.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 8:37 PM

Thanks Logos!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 8:54 PM

+1 Yes more Thanks to Logos Big Smile

Noticed more freebies later this month.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 1 2012 9:32 PM

Interesting... Noticed that all of these same freebies are also free on Kindle Store right now. Must be a publisher promotion thing, not specific to Logos. Still, glad to see Logos is on board with this and keeping up with what Amazon.com is up to. For Kindle freebies list (there are plenty of others in there that are not also Logos/Vyrso books, so not competing for market share), Google free kindle promotions (or kindle "limited time offers") and it should be the first hit. YMMV, depending on your own particular "filter bubble" Smile

Posts 29227
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 4:45 AM

Rosie Perera:
Must be a publisher promotion thing

When Apple released the iPad, many publishers moved to a new model for eBook pricing (called the "agency model"). In this model it is the publishers who set the price. You should always see the same price for these books. Not all books & not all publishers use this model. I suspect that this is the reason for your discovery. I do know that some of the books offered through the January (and now February) sale were offered at prices significantly lower than Amazon.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2109
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 5:07 AM

Thank you Logos for the free resources as well as the discounted ones.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 6:43 AM

NewbieMick:
four works by Francis Schaeffer are for sale at mere $3.74, but only till Feb 3rd

Thanks for the heads up.  I bought his book The Finished Work of Christ.  I exported it by sections into MS Word and added Bible milestones and reformatted the title page and categorized it as a Bible commentary. It takes about one and a half to two hours and made a personal book. Here is what it says in the introduction.

"The studies of the first eight chapters of Paul’s Letter to the Church in Rome you hold in your hands belong to the earliest systematic studies of Dr. Francis A. Schaeffer. These studies are of special significance because they express most of the essential ideas and truths that are foundational to all of Dr. Schaeffer’s works and the content of his later books."

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 11639
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 6:48 AM

Jerry M:
 I bought his book The Finished Work of Christ.  I exported it by sections into MS Word and added Bible milestones and reformatted the title page and categorized it as a Bible commentary.

Excellent idea! Thus you may also correct the wrong bible verse links others have complained about. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS