Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 2 2012 4:38 AM | Locked

Last night I updated the operating system of my Macbook pro to the latest edition (10.7.3). This morning I went to start my Logos and will give me the signing in screen and then stops. I tried the start program then press command to get to the log-in page and tried to open to a blank layout and would give me a couple of seconds on the sign-in screen before stopping (I have also restarted the computer). Any idea's would be helpful. Here are the logs (I hope I got them right).

8228.LogosLogs Michael Hatcher 20120202-063205.gz

Michael Hatcher

visit: www.bellviewcoc.com

iMac 2.8 GHz i7 quad core, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB HD

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 7:35 AM | Locked

Did you try starting with the "Use blank layout" button checked?

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 7:48 AM | Locked

from this line in your logs:

The database schema (1029) is newer than the latest schema recognized by this code (1028). The database cannot be opened.

It looks like you may have tried to go back in version by replacing the app. What it comes down to is that you should get the very latest executable of the beta and try again. If you try that and you still get the message, you may need to rebuild that DB. 

As an aside, you may want to fix your 1Password install. It keeps trying to respawn as shown in your console logs.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 7:58 AM | Locked

Mike S.:
What it comes down to is that you should get the very latest executable of the beta and try again.

Wiki has Logos 4 Beta Program with download link => http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LBS4MacInstallerBeta/Logos4Mac.dmg

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 8:24 AM | Locked

KS, thanks for the link, made finding it much easier.

I installed the beta and tried again (also Mike, I think I fixed the 1Password file as it was not connecting to their server from Chrome after the upgrade for some reason, but after opening the program it did). Same problem happened. Started, saw the sign-in, then went blank. Tried again this time holding down the command key to bring up the sign-in dialogue and clicked "use blank layout" and tried to start again but failed to start. Tried it both ways again and created new logs.

Mike (or anyone else), how do you rebuild the database?

Thank you for your help.

0285.LogosLogs Michael Hatcher 20120202-102235.gz

Michael Hatcher

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

I think you're in no man's land here... technical support isn't an option for the beta (unless of course someone decides to chime in). 

I'll give you an option that might work, but BE WARNED it also might hose up everything totally and complete and force a new install & indexing:

Move this file:

/Users/michaelhatcher/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/2q78tf9v.7g3/Documents/Notes/notes.db

to your desktop and then start with a blank layout. It might decide that because you don't have a notes.db that it should get that from "the cloud" (i.e. Logos servers' storage of your sync'd data). Of course, it might go through all your db files and make the same determination. In which case you can rinse and repeat, or come back for more help and hopefully someone from Logos can chime in (KS might also have a better path).

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 2 2012 8:43 PM | Locked

Mike S.:
(KS might also have a better path)

Noticed Indexer logging is disabled.  Also noted Logos 4.5a Beta 2 version so personally bit surprised by database being newer.

In terminal, please copy following command, run it, then copy and paste output:

cat /Users/michaelhatcher/.mono/registry/CurrentUser/software/logos4/users/2q78tf9v.7g3/version/values.xml

The cat (catenate) command reads a file, then writes contents to screen.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 1:31 AM | Locked

KS,

Here is the output:

<values>

<value name="DisplayVersion"

type="string">4.5a Beta 2</value>

<value name="AssemblyVersion"

type="string">4.51.0.1906</value>

</values>

Michael Hatcher

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 8:24 AM | Locked

Michael Hatcher:
Here is the output:

Output is consistent with Logos 4.5a Beta 2

Wonder about updating application to Logos 4.5a Beta 3, enable logging, restart Mac, Launch Logos 4.5a Beta 3.  If not startup, then reply with new set of logs.

Option: download and use an applescipt application 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display your logging setting, then change to enable logging.

Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#Mac  with terminal commands, which are used in the applescript application.

Likewise curious if have a SQLite database tool ? curious about info table contents in notes.db (my info table has one row with two values)  Firefox has a free SQLite Manager extension (personally use to browse database files).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 8:45 AM | Locked

KS,

Thank you for your help. I installed the new Beta 3 and everything seems to be working normal now. I think what might have caused the problem was that I upgraded the operating system and was at the same time updating Logos to the Beta. I am thinking that doing them at the same time was a big mistake <G>. Thanks Mike for your help also, and hopefully now I won't have any more problems.

Michael Hatcher

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS