which is more 6 books or 4 books

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 85
Armwood | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 3 2012 7:06 PM

Between these two set/series Baker commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom @ Psalm @ 41% off or The handbook on the Old Testament Series. Which in your opinion provides  the best info.

Thank you for your replys

Armwood

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 7:38 PM

This is a bit hard to answer. One set (the first) are detailed commentaries. The second set (Handbook) is an overview and introduction to each book, but does not have detailed commentary. For getting to better know the Old Testament, the second would be a good choice. To study Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon in detail, the first set is what you want. So which are you more interested in or do you need for your library? They are both good works.

You do know these are both in Pre-Pub and are not yet available? The price will go up after they are released, so now is a good time to lock in the price for either one. It might take quite a bit of time for these to be released, however, so if you need something now you should look at other options.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 897
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 7:48 PM

For clarity, I believe you are referring to Handbook on the Old Testament vs Baker commentary on the Old Tesament Wisdom @ Psalms... and not a contrast between the UBS Handbooks (which was my totally biased assumption).  Geeked

"I read dead people..."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS