Logos 4 Bible Software has stopped working

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Mark Lautenschlager | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 4 2012 12:48 PM

Or, so Windows 7 says. :(

I have Logos 4 Windows installed on two computers, my desktop and my laptop. Today, each of them downloaded an update, and each of them has stopped working. No error message, nothing I can see. I start the program, it comes up and shows me the screen and then freezes. On both computers.

I uninstalled it and am reinstalling it (4.46GB download...yay?) on my desktop and I will report back if this fixes the problem, but if anyone knows what's going on with this most recent update that might have caused this to start happening, that would be really wonderful.

Thanks in advance for any shared knowledge! :)

Posts 24851
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 1:38 PM

Mark Lautenschlager:
Thanks in advance for any shared knowledge! :)

As you use Avast from your previous post it is not the problem faced by Webroot/Avira users. And I'm not aware of any recent download that  would cause it. If you read this wiki carefully http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging you will see where crash logs are located and you should upload any.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 20
Mark Lautenschlager | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2012 6:29 PM

Commenting in this thread, because I'd sorted out my problems in a different one, but if anyone lands here I want them to hear what fixed it for me.

I started the program in Diagnostic mode by holding down CTRL as I launched it, and I selected use a Blank Layout. I then re-created my layout, and everything is fine.

So it was something in my layout that caused trouble, after the 4.5 update. I opened all the same resources, so I'm pretty confident it wasn't a resource.

So my advice is, open it with a blank layout and re-create what you had. For me, at least, that fixed the "Logos has stopped working" errors.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS