What are these lines?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 109
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2009 1:01 PM

I was reading a resource today and decided to right click on it to see what menu came up. Afterwords, my scroll bar has lines in it and there is a dot on the page. Does anyone know what this is, and how I can use it? Here is a picture:

Jarred Edgecombe

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 1:05 PM

Do a search in the help file on scrollbar bookmarks or read-wear marks.  It gives a pretty good description there.

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 1:06 PM

Those are "wear marks" It's a bit like dog earing a page,  Logos remembers the last several places you've been in a book.

Wearmarks are grey, search results are pink  think, and favorites are blue.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 24
Stuart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 1:12 PM

I saw those too and wondered what they were.  I hovered over them with my mouse, and as far as I can tell, they are passages which I looked up before, or where the resource had atleast 'rested' for a while.  I think of it as a way of keeping track of 'favourites' or a resource history.

I hope that helps.

Stuart (first-time poster, but helped by these forums)

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 1:25 PM

Thomas Black:
Wearmarks are grey, search results are pink  think, and favorites are blue.

The problem is it often has greay marks on passages I have never looked at. Some books had wear marks the first time I opened them. Perhaps it has prophetic insight into where I will want to look next week!

If it is a wearmark like in a real book, it would only appear if it was a place I visited often. As it is, it is so cluttered, in some books I cannot use the scroll bar to jump down the the next screen, because I have to make sure I don't hit a wear mark.

It it would be nice if we could turn them off or set a minimum number of times before a wearmark appears.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 1:27 PM

Harry Hahne:
It it would be nice if we could turn them off or set a minimum number of times before a wearmark appears.
We've asked for this before, I hope that some limiting factor comes in.  As I work through a book verse by verse it becomes less useful.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 33423
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 3:13 PM

Harry Hahne:
The problem is it often has greay marks on passages I have never looked at.

They also flag multiple occurences of a search item in the text ... a feature I like despite the fact I've not "been there" yet.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:25 AM

Another idea would be the ability to clear the wear marks when they get too cluttered to be of  much practical use.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:27 AM

Harry Hahne:

Another idea would be the ability to clear the wear marks when they get too cluttered to be of  much practical use.

I believe clearing your history will do that

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 5:14 PM

Clearing History did not make them go away for me.

I don't think i like them.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS