Versions of Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2009 1:48 PM

I have 2 versions of of Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon: "Abridged" and "Enhanced". Could someone explain the difference between the two? At times it seems like the "Abridged" has more information than the "Enhanced" and they appear to be organized differently. I believe the "Abridged" version has been carried along from a much older version of Logos.

Can I delete one to remove the redundancy? Are there any guides that rely on one or the other?

Posts 25037
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:36 PM

Harry, you can hide one.

In Program Settings expand  Hidden Resources at the bottom and drag the book there. Restart L4 and you are done (it will remove the resource for you!). If you change your mind you can restore it.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1
Bantubonse Chita | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 1:57 AM

I am also wondering like Harry, if there is any difference between the "Abridged" and the "Enhanced" versions of the BDB?

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 5:47 AM

I think there used to be a clear explanation of what Enhanced means in this case. I just can't locate it.

The enhanced edition is included in most Bronze Libraries, the abridged edition is available at no cost.

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 6:22 AM

There is a revision to BDB in the works: http://www.academia.edu/234653/2008_On_Revising_and_Updating_BDB

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 25037
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 3:44 PM

JAL:
There is a revision to BDB in the works

Begun in the "academic" year 2008 (probably ending 2018)Big Smile

BTW "Enhanced" is described in the Preface of the Logos edition.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS