Notes Font Selection Does Not Honor Preferences

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2809
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 9 2012 6:38 AM | Locked

How do I make the default note font work? Is it broken or am I missing something. I have set my default notes font to Arial in the Preferences. However, when I create a new note in my Bible Notes file by right clicking on a reference and choosing it in the popup menu it always default sto Athelas Logos 16pt. I want smalle notes (not available in the preferences) and I want Arial. I find sans serif fonts easier to read on screen.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 7:46 AM | Locked

Kevin A. Purcell:

How do I make the default note font work? Is it broken or am I missing something. I have set my default notes font to Arial in the Preferences. However, when I create a new note in my Bible Notes file by right clicking on a reference and choosing it in the popup menu it always default sto Athelas Logos 16pt. I want smalle notes (not available in the preferences) and I want Arial. I find sans serif fonts easier to read on screen.

I've tried changing the default font as well... no change on my end, either. Very frustrating! Angry

I've also noticed that the font size has slowly crept up on me. My notes created back in August were defaulting to 12 point font. Now somewhere along the way they switched to 20 point font, and I am just now noticing this. I even have some notes in 14 point font and 18 point font. I also have some notes in a helvetica font, a athelas logos font , and now things are showing up in the times font. I know that I did not purposefully change to any of these fonts, nor did I change the font size.

Worst of all is scrolling through notes. I hate having different fonts and font sizes, it just looks really, really ugly.

It would be nice if this not only was fixed, but if Logos could allow us a way to change several notes at one time. That way I don't have to click through the hundreds of notes to change them to the correct font and font size.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 10813
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 7:49 AM | Locked

Kevin A. Purcell:
How do I make the default note font work?

Not sure this can be done in the current release. Can't make a definitive statement right now as I am using L4 Win Embarrassed. It's a long, gruesome story Geeked

However, kidding aside, this seems to be a bug in the current release of L4 Mac.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2012 4:28 PM | Locked

The default font family and size are now set in the Notes panel itself when no note item is in focus (to ensure this you can press 'Esc' on your keyboard.)  

The 'Default' which is set in the Program Settings panel is indicating which font will be used when 'Default' is selected from the font list in the Note panel.  

Posts 2809
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 15 2012 5:37 AM | Locked

Thanks. That does it!

Is this just in the current beta, or the stable release as well?

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2012 2:02 PM | Locked

It should be the same in the current stable version.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS