Alpha 3 Release Notes

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 9:09 PM

Joe Miller:
ummm... Huh? Jerry, I did link to the FAQ in my post  It is the link that st

This proves my point. What I said and I don't know why its hard for you to understand is if you wanted to help (the first time) you could've directed people to the site instead of being smug about it and inserting emotions and silly stuff like that!!!! You did post the link AFTER I asked the question. All you had to do is point people in the right direction but you chose to be smart about it. And obversely Im not the only person that feels that way!!!  But whatever "brother" 

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 9:30 PM

Jerry Walker:
being smug about it and inserting emotions and silly stuff like that!!!!
Sorry, I use the emoticons in a lot of my posts, I did not know you found emoticons personally offensive.

I did post a link in my first response.

I had a legitimate reason for asking the closing question.  

I find it regrettable that you choose to not take my word for it, there is not much more I can say.

I wont address you on this issue any longer.

Peace

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 10:38 PM

Joe Miller:

Jerry Walker:
being smug about it and inserting emotions and silly stuff like that!!!!
Sorry, I use the emoticons in a lot of my posts, I did not know you found emoticons personally offensive.

I did post a link in my first response.

I had a legitimate reason for asking the closing question.  

I find it regrettable that you choose to not take my word for it, there is not much more I can say.

I wont address you on this issue any longer.

Peace

Only if you were this "humble" in the beginning we wouldn't be here... But whatever Im done!!!!

Posts 42
Matt Barker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 10:58 PM

Scott Stackelhouse:

Joe Miller:

What is confusing about auto-updates or reading the FAQ?

That was helpful.

That's the problem with written communication, isn't it? While I see Joe Miller's question being one to try and find out what is confusing in order to help avoid confusing others in the future, another sees it at sarcasm. Why do we so often err on the side of the negative instead of the positive?

I haven't posted much in these forums, but have gotten a lot from them. I just wanted to take a moment and thank you Joe for your continued help in here.

Posts 102
Andrew Mercer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 11:07 PM

Matt Barker:

I haven't posted much in these forums, but have gotten a lot from them. I just wanted to take a moment and thank you Joe for your continued help in here.

Fully agree Matt, Joe's time and effort is invaluable to me as a newcomer to Logos

Posts 10787
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 3:28 AM

Matt Barker:

That's the problem with written communication, isn't it? While I see Joe Miller's question being one to try and find out what is confusing in order to help avoid confusing others in the future, another sees it at sarcasm. Why do we so often err on the side of the negative instead of the positive?

There is probably no one in the Logos 4 Mac community  who does more to help others than Joe Miller. Sometimes he may come across as abrasive, but you soon come to learn that he truly seeks to provide valuable assistance. I honestly appreciate all that he has done—and likely will continue to do—in making L4 both Mac and Windows into a valuable application.

Jack

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:59 AM

Joe Miller:

Hmm.  Keep in mind that he uses "emoticons" on the first page of this forum post to mock me.

River of Life Church: http://LifeOverflowing.org

Visit my blog: http://LifeOverflowing.org/pastor

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:30 AM

Tom Philpot:
Home Page
•    Home page display is now animated when showing or hiding.

Hey Tom -

When i have Logos 4 (Alpha 3) running, I don't see anything animated on the Home Page.  

When I saw this as a feature, I was excited that we would get a complete (or somewhat complete) Home Page similar to what Windows users can view and interact with.  Am I not understanding what this means?  

Here is what my Home Page looks like:

River of Life Church: http://LifeOverflowing.org

Visit my blog: http://LifeOverflowing.org/pastor

Posts 7
Dudley Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:35 AM

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Dudley

Posts 81
Smiling Guy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:01 AM

Pastor Bob Turner:

When i have Logos 4 (Alpha 3) running, I don't see anything animated on the Home Page.  

When I saw this as a feature, I was excited that we would get a complete (or somewhat complete) Home Page similar to what Windows users can view and interact with.  Am I not understanding what this means?  

I noticed it first thing. Just click onto another pane/view and then press the home icon. The animation is more of a transitional thing between different views. My screen wiped down. It was kinda cool.

Macbook Pro  |  OSX 10.6.8  |  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 |  4 GB Ram  |  320 GB HDD

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:08 AM

I think it means the pages drop down like a garage door as opposed to appearing behind the current screen.

That is what it is doing for me at any rate.

all about Christ,
David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:11 AM

Pastor Bob Turner:

Yes Bob, you are misreading the release notes.  They do not state anything about content on the Home page, nor animations "on" it.  It says, "Home page display is now animated when showing or hiding."

To help you understand what is written, I made a video for you that demonstrates this feature.

http://www.screencast.com/users/jrmiller777/folders/Jing/media/e4ffd26c-065a-4883-ba56-532a3fd72a10

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:17 AM

ooops, looks like Jeff and David were faster.  Cool

Posts 4
Steven Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 2:43 PM

Thanks Joe. The video was very helpful.

Posts 7
Steven Liparoto | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 5:25 PM

How long does it take for the new update to prepare your library?  Mine has been running since yesterday afternoon.  A solid 24 hrs so far and still working.

Posts 4
Hakan Nilsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 5:23 AM
It just downloaded the 1,2 GB files to my logos 4 on mac, but still I have no library on it. What can i do? It looks like it has finished the job, but nothing in the library still :(
Posts 14
Pastor Keith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:22 AM

Hey Joe, I could not find how to update to Alpha 3 like Jerry. My computer for some reason would not automatically down load the update. I also felt that there was sarcasm in your reply so Jerry was not the only one who felt that way. The big problem with blogs and forums of course is you can’t tell the tone of someone’s voice.  I used Tom’s advice and manually down loaded the up-date, now my computer has been getting updates (so it says) for the last 11 Hours. (I am up to 42%)

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:28 AM

Hank,

Can you post the Indexer.log and Logos4.log. You can see this post here:http://community.logos.com/forums/t/3311.aspx?PageIndex=1 for how to post your logs.

Thanks,

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 4
Hakan Nilsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 11:31 PM

Hello!

Here is my files and the problem is that I can not see anything of my library in logos 4. It downloaded 1,2 gb files during installation but then the indexer stopped after that and nothing more happened. I do not understand what some people are talking about her about it taking 48 hours and so on, I have not gone that far. And what is it all about when you say it can copy my library from the libronix program?

I have alpha 3 now. The fault have been the same on the other alphas...

God bless!

5001.Indexer.log 

1616.Logos4.log

2474.nlog.config

Posts 4
Hakan Nilsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 11:34 PM

Maskinvaruöversikt:

Modellnamn: MacBook Pro

Modellidentifierare: MacBookPro5,5

Processornamn: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processorhastighet: 2,26 GHz

Antal processorer: 1