Monitor Size

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 33
Jimmy Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 11 2012 7:19 AM

I have decided to  go with only one monitor from my laptop because I found out that's all it will allow.  In the process, my laptop was hooked up to a guys 22" monitor and LOGOS did not fill the screen.  I was thinking about going with a 27" and letting LOGOS fill the screen.  Will it fill the screen?  Does the program allow you to size it to fit the screen?  Can you let's say break it up into four dedicated LOGOS screens that will ten take up the monitor space.  I need someone's advice now that I am going with just one external 1080 monitor.  Thanks guys!

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 8:04 AM

I've had it fill a 50" plasma at some monstrous resolution quite easily (unfortunately it wasn't mine, I struggle alone with three 24" monitors)

Posts 19314
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 8:08 AM

Yes, you can size Logos to fill the screen (i.e., you can "maximize" it). And yes, you can have as many separate Logos windows (called floating windows) as you like to utilize the screen real estate more effectively. Each floating window can be arranged with as many resource and tool tabs as you like. See http://wiki.logos.com/Layouts for more information, and the videos linked from there in the upper right corner of the page.

Posts 905
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:01 AM

Received this advert today from Dell, but shown here only as an example of a dual monitor / single footprint design.  I'm seeing some really outstanding prices for electronics and computer components these days... a good time to upgrade IMHO.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 19314
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:02 AM

Did that ad say "PowerNap software"? I'd love to be able to take a power nap while using my wide-screen monitor. Big Smile

Posts 905
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:04 AM

Rosie Perera:

Did that ad say "PowerNap software"? I'd love to be able to take a power nap while using my wide-screen monitor. Big Smile

Rosie! ... A kindred spirit.  I frequently awaken with a Dell logo imprinted on my forehead.  Naps are gooooood.  Yes

"I read dead people..."

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2012 7:35 PM

Rosie Perera:

Unfortunately its the monitors that take a PowerNap when you most want to use them..... Tongue Tied 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS