Missing Highlighting Image

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 11 2012 11:18 AM

Hey there,

I had created a custom highlighting style that included a png image for my inductive studies. I originally created it on my Windows machine. I noticed that the preview only showed a black box on my Mac. I then realized that the image was on my Windows machine and not my Mac. So I copied the image over and edited the style on my Mac to point to the image destination. However, it is still showing as a black box as shown in the screen shot. Any suggestions?

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 11:31 AM

Because the image background is white instead of transparent any color will create a box. If you just want the black cross, just change the image color to automatic. If you want to remove the background so you can color it, open it on your Mac in Preview. You can use the alpha color removal to get rid of the white background and resave as a .png

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 11:44 AM

Of course... Thanks, that got it. 

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 11:57 AM

Glad it helped! You might find http://icons.mysitemyway.com/ a helpful resource. They have a lot of images, they are free (many will work for Bible topics, especially if you vary with color). They are in .png format so they will work for images with highlighting. The various black styles will work well, and they have several crosses.

Blessings!

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2012 3:21 PM

Philana Crouch:

"You might find http://icons.mysitemyway.com/ a helpful resource".

This is a cool site. I found some great icons to use in my highlighting. I only wished they showed up on my iPad.  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS