Workspace for Logos 4?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 234
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:56 PM

I had a ton of Workspaces saved in Logos 3.  None of them came over to Logos 4.  Nor can I find where to save a workspace in Logos 4.  Is the only option to save "layouts", or is there a workspace function in 4?

Thanks.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:57 PM

Layouts replaced Workspaces. they are the same concept, but most have found Layouts to be an upgrade. At least speaking for myself, I have.

Posts 234
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:05 PM

Thanks Philip.  They do look like an upgrade to me.

I have saved a couple, but I am having a tough time updating them.  So, I am doing a study in Habakkuk.  I saved my layout ("Habakkuk Study").  Then today I opened a few new resources. 

When I went to save it, I couldn't figure out how to save over the old one - or update the old one - or whatever I needed to do.

Does it just save your layout when you close it, or how do you update it?

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:09 PM

JeffTerrell:

Thanks Philip.  They do look like an upgrade to me.

I have saved a couple, but I am having a tough time updating them.  So, I am doing a study in Habakkuk.  I saved my layout ("Habakkuk Study").  Then today I opened a few new resources. 

When I went to save it, I couldn't figure out how to save over the old one - or update the old one - or whatever I needed to do.

Does it just save your layout when you close it, or how do you update it?

If you make changes, name the current layout with the name of the previous layout and it will overwrite it. - No "Are You Sure?" dialog.

Chris

Posts 234
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:15 PM

That's helpful Chris.  Thank you.

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:15 PM

Here's picture of what Chris was telling you about.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 234
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:27 PM

Great!  Thanks Mark.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:32 PM

i also discovered through trial and error that L4 remembers my last Layout when it is closed normally.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 9:11 PM

steveclark:

i also discovered through trial and error that L4 remembers my last Layout when it is closed normally.

It will also open directly to that last layout if on the homepage you click customize (bottom left) and untick the open homepage on startup box.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 63
Benjamin Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 7:14 AM

@Thomas

How did you customize the ribbon options? I can't seem to find a "memorize" function.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:03 AM

Thomas,

Thanks for the tip!

I really appreciate the screenshot, i am a visual kind of person.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:07 AM

BenjaminHo:

@Thomas

How did you customize the ribbon options? I can't seem to find a "memorize" function.

Benjamin,

When you create a new reading list it is added to the Ribbon. Once it is there you can move it around.

As far as I know, that's all that will be added to the Ribbon and the only way to add anything to it.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:12 AM

BenjaminHo:
Ah, well that's just a reading plan set to one verse per day.  I'm sorry to say that I'm a bit behind.  Embarrassed  But on the bright side, I did conquer the first three chapters.  Chapter four has begun!

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:13 AM

steveclark:

Thanks for the tip!

I really appreciate the screenshot, i am a visual kind of person.

You're welcome.

Check the Wiki

Posts 37
Nick Pisciotti | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:30 PM

Chris Elford:

If you make changes, name the current layout with the name of the previous layout and it will overwrite it. - No "Are You Sure?" dialog.

Chris

It seems like just hitting the 'save workspace' button was easier. Every time I close Logos I'm going to be in a different part of a book, so rather than just click a button, I now have to type in something?

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:40 PM

Nick Pisciotti:
It seems like just hitting the 'save workspace' button was easier.

By a factor of 10!

This is definitely going to be on one of my Mega Wishlists!

Posts 1847
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:58 PM

Chris Elford:

Actually, it doesn't overwrite it. It creates another version of it so you can jump to various stages of your study.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 10:01 PM

Phil Gons:

Chris Elford:

Actually, it doesn't overwrite it. It creates another version of it so you can jump to various stages of your study.

Thanks for pointing that out, Phil. I hadn't noticed.

What about the idea of a "Save Current" button to overwrite the existing and "name again" to save 2nd version?

Chris

Posts 1847
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:02 AM

Chris Elford:
What about the idea of a "Save Current" button to overwrite the existing and "name again" to save 2nd version?

I think that's a great idea. I'll submit a feature request.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:13 AM

Phil Gons:

Chris Elford:

I think that's a great idea. I'll submit a feature request.

Thanks, Phil. I look forward to seeing how that gets implemented.

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS