Missing Concordances and other resources

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:01 PM

I am missing various Concordances that I had on Logos 3. I have a number of other resources that are missing as well. Will this be corrected in the future?  I would like to delete Logos 3, but will not until I know I have all my resources transferred to Logos 4. What say you?

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:02 PM

Please list titles. Then we can see if they transfered to others so we can see if it is a bug or a problem with your system.

Chris

Posts 4
Andrew H. Rogers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:14 PM

I was wondering about this issue as well.  is there a way to print a list or get a number value of resources in our library to compare between Logos 3 and Logos 4?

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:14 PM

Searching a bible replicates a concordance, you know that, right?

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:20 PM

PastorAndrewHRogers:

I was wondering about this issue as well.  is there a way to print a list or get a number value of resources in our library to compare between Logos 3 and Logos 4?

Not precisely.

Open Library and it will tell you in the search bar how many resources you have. That's the easy part. But you can't just go by numbers.

If you compare that with a bibliography report in L3 there will be some differences because of the integration of Interlinears into the main Bible resource. And if you've done any crossgrading you'll have new L4 resources - Infographics for example - that aren't in and won't be in L3 as they are dependent on the L4 engine.

Someone did a line by line comparison and found that everything in L3 was in L4, I haven't the patience. If it is licensed you should get it in L4, although some are still being worked on.

You certainly can't print that. There is very limited printing in L4.

If you find something missing, ask and we'll all (well some of us will) check and see. Please say what package you have, at least, so we aren't trying to find something we don't own.

Chris

Posts 9433
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:34 PM

Steven L. Spencer:
I am missing various Concordances that I had on Logos 3.

I could only locate two that I owned in 3.0: The NAS Updated Exhaustive Concordance and the Complete Word Study Concordance OT.

I find both of these in my 4.0 library but they are not tagged as Bible Concordance under 'Type'. One is a 'Dictionary' and the other is a 'Monograph.' Not too helpful typing but they are in my 4.0 Library.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 140
Mark Allison | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 4:38 AM

I have Logos v.4 on two machines, but they constantly report a different amount of resources in their Libraries. Updating to Alpha 3 added about 6 resources on one machine, but it's still about 15 less than the other. And no, I'm not going to sift through 1,000 or more resources to find the ones that are missing.

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:05 AM

According to the resources list, the Platinum edition should have the "Old Testament Wisdom: An Introduction" resource, but it does not come up in L4 and on L3 is is marked as locked?

Is this an oversight or error?

Thanks for the help!

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:18 AM

I found the answer myself. The PDF file is incorrect on a number of resources. You have to go by the website info I guess. To bad. I had just printed out the 12 pages of beautifully formatted contents :Sad to find that it is incorrect.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:30 AM

Mark Allison:

I have Logos v.4 on two machines, but they constantly report a different amount of resources in their Libraries. Updating to Alpha 3 added about 6 resources on one machine, but it's still about 15 less than the other. And no, I'm not going to sift through 1,000 or more resources to find the ones that are missing.

Mark, I think you'll get a quicker and probably more informed answer in the Logos 4 Mac forum.

Chris

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:26 PM

I was able to find my concordances. Still learning the turf here! LOL

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:40 AM

There is a conflict between the number of resources on my lap-top (2,165) versus the number of resources on my desk-top (2, 167). Thus, it appears that I am missing two resources on my lap-top. I just have no idea which two I am missing. Can anyone help me resolve this problem. Thanks.

Posts 26391
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:42 PM

Steven L. Spencer:
Can anyone help me resolve this problem. Thanks.

See "Beyond Compare" post at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4698/38254.aspx#38254

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS