Repeatedly "preparing your library"

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
John Minter | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 12 2009 4:30 AM

I haver had nothing but trouble with Logos4 mac. I have let it index overnight and finish indexing at least three times and it continually goes into "preparing your library." I have patience for one more attempt. Any suggestions? By the way, Logos4 works fine on my Windows XP Virtual machine on the same mac.

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:02 AM

JohnMinter:
I haver had nothing but trouble with Logos4 mac. I have let it index overnight and finish indexing at least three times and it continually goes into "preparing your library." I have patience for one more attempt. Any suggestions? By the way, Logos4 works fine on my Windows XP Virtual machine on the same mac.

Is this Alpha 2 or Alpha 3? It might be good if you post which version of OSX that you are using too.

BTW, I'm the same. L4 works fine in XP on Fusion.

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:14 AM

JohnMinter:
Hi John, by definition the Alphas will be buggy and may never work for some people until those bugs get squashed.  

In Beta/Alpha testing crashes are good if we report them.  This helps the team find bugs and fixes faster and results in a better end product.

However, it can also be extremely frustrating and time consuming.   If you are at the end of your rope, so to speak, then skip a couple drops and come back later in the development.  That is totally okay.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 10
John Minter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 4:15 PM

I am using alpha 3. This is a MacBook Pro with Core Duo Processor with Snow Leopard and all the latest software updates.

Posts 10
Brian Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 12:56 PM

I am having this problem too. There is much I want to address but I can not don't want to offend anyone. Just help needed.Geeked

Posts 10731
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:35 PM

Brian Wagner:

I am having this problem too. There is much I want to address but I can not don't want to offend anyone. Just help needed.Geeked

Brian

Check out the two links in Joe Miller's post a couple of messages above yours. Do you realize that Alpha software is full of bugs? This version is suitable for testing, but untrustworthy for serious work. If you would like to participate in the testing program, then give as much detail of the crash as possible and post your log files.

BTW This was an old thread concerning A-3. The Alpha program is now at A-5 which is much more stable than any previous version.

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 4:52 PM

the important links are also now in my signature. The General L4 FAQ and the Alpha FAQ.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS