An appeal to Revelation $160 bidders

Page 2 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 67 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6584
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2012 7:19 AM

Bump.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2012 12:49 PM

The $160 peak seems to have come down significantly, and is a lot closer to the $50. For those who haven't put a bid in yet, now would be a good time to jump on the$50 to get this moving!

Posts 25570
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2012 1:18 PM

now you want the low bidders  (under $50) to increase their bids to $50!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2012 1:24 PM

Moved my bid down from $80 to $50.

It seems to me that once we flatten out the $160 bids, we'll need to go after those who bid $150 and at other amounts that are currently competing with $50.

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2012 2:18 PM

Bill Anderson:
It seems to me that once we flatten out the $160 bids, we'll need to go after those who bid $150 and at other amounts that are currently competing with $50.

The slope is pretty constant from 110 up to 160, so it might just be a case of all the 160 bidders being counted in those amounts from 110 to 150 and it taking more of them to make up the total so the height of the graph being incrementally lower at each point.

But the graph levels out briefly at $100, so I'm guessing there are some extra bidders at exactly $100 who also should lower their bids to $50. However the $160 holdouts are still the bigger issue.

Posts 6584
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 6:52 AM

Bump.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2539
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:48 AM

Lynden Williams:

Bump.

Search for ‘bump’ gave me 426 articles in 186 resources.  The one you were looking for is most likely this one:
As a child I used to wonder how anyone could pray without ceasing. I pictured Christians walking around with hands folded, heads bowed, and eyes closed, bumping into everything.  John F. MacArthur, Jr., Alone With God

Posts 6584
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:56 AM

David Ames:

Lynden Williams:

Bump.

Search for ‘bump’ gave me 426 articles in 186 resources.  The one you were looking for is most likely this one:
As a child I used to wonder how anyone could pray without ceasing. I pictured Christians walking around with hands folded, heads bowed, and eyes closed, bumping into everything.  John F. MacArthur, Jr., Alone With God

David, that's the power of serendipitous discovery in Logos Bible Software.

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 9:11 AM

All of them please bring down the bid amount to $50. If you do this, I am pretty sure this collection will reach to the mark within couple of weeks. Give this a try!

Posts 1794
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 9:57 AM

Bill Anderson:

Moved my bid down from $80 to $50.

We really need EVERY ONE who has bid HIGHER  then 50 to change their bids to 50 dollars.  That is where we need the peak!  Look at the line: 140, 150, 160 are still higher then the 50 dollar bids.  If everyone that has bid higher then 50 would lower their bid to 50 TODAY, then maybe tomorrow we would have a new peak at 50 and more people would be prone to bid.Surprise  I am at 50 and feel like others in this tread that when all is said and done, it will go for around 40 dollars.  PLEASE LOWER YOUR BIDS TO 50 dollars Now: Big Smile

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 1010
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 12:28 PM

JAIN THOMAS:

All of them please bring down the bid amount to $50. If you do this, I am pretty sure this collection will reach to the mark within couple of weeks. Give this a try!

I do understand the point here in that psychologically people seem to only bid if they think the bid will succeed but people who bid $160 becuase that is what they would pay are doing exactly the right thing, it is those who do not bid what they would pay who are not "getting" CP.

People should be motivated to bid when they want a resource but have not bid, they should not be asked to reduce bids below the price they would be willing to pay.

It does strike me that people are willing to bid $100's on a pre pub for 3 volumes then all of a sudden they think that $25 would be a reasonable bid to finance a 35 volume CP project, we need people to understand CP and bid on resources they would like at a price they would pay rather than seek to marginally manipulate price profiles.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 12:57 PM

Looking at => http://www.logos.com/product/8522/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-revelation that has 27 volumes with 12,448 pages by a variety of authors, including F. J. A. Hort (part of Westcott and Hort Greek New Testament), Georg Heinrich Ewald, ...

By way of comparison, the 24 volumes in Luke => http://www.logos.com/product/10288/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-luke have 9,169 pages while the 22 volumes for Isaiah => http://www.logos.com/product/16012/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-isaiah have 6,732 pages.

Luke has enough bidders to cover 100 % of estimated production cost at $ 50 per bidder (nearly enough for $ 40); closes Friday 24 Feb.

For Revelation, concur $ 50 would be a terrific bargain price (a discount of 95 %).  The retail price for buying hardcopy editions of the 27 Revelation volumes is $ 934.95 that is substantially higher than Luke's $ 562.10 ($ 50 is a discount of  91 %) and Isaiah's $ 679.95 ($ 30 is a discount of 96 %).

Bidding $ 90 for Revelation set has a discount over 90 %.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 1:18 PM

Mike,

This is Community Pricing. This is not about paying a fair price or even what the product is intrinsically worth. It is about getting a product into production so that everyone can have the opportunity to get it whether at the CP or the price after production. Logos sets a cost to produce the product and we as a community get together and contribute to this cost. Now Logos gives us a big benefit, in that we will all pay the same. They could charge $160 to those willing to pay $160 and $50 to those willing to pay $50. But whether it takes 200 people at $160 or 640 people at $50, the result is the same: the product gets produced. A stalemate results in no product.

So there is room for cooperating in getting to a price that enough people can agree on to get the product into production. The important thing is getting to read the books and having a unity of purpose. No one is being cheated by having a lower price. Logos gets exactly what it needs to produce the product and then can make a profit on the continuing sales.

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2012 5:17 AM

Progress has been made but we still need new bids in at $50. But it's encouraging that the gap is closing.

Posts 3689
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2012 8:30 AM

$50 is gaining traction... looks like it might go for $50 after all. :-)

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2012 10:02 AM

Shall we keep the $50 momentum till the end? I really hope sooooooo!!!!!

Posts 3834
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2012 10:32 AM

JAIN THOMAS:

that will serve to flatten out the bids above $50, as has been pointed out, but in itself, will not increase the production of the collection.  I'd like to ask those who are at the lower bids of $40, $30, $20, etc., to consider if raising their bid to $50 might be reasonable to them to get all of these volumes for a relatively paltry, per-volume, price.  If they/you do, we could all be enjoying adding this collection.  It might also help build momentum for other bidders, and, who knows, perhaps reduce the price even below $50.  If not, $50 is still a great bargain.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2012 6:09 AM

Dan DeVilder:

I'd like to ask those who are at the lower bids of $40, $30, $20, etc., to consider if raising their bid to $50 might be reasonable to them to get all of these volumes for a relatively paltry, per-volume, price.  If they/you do, we could all be enjoying adding this collection.  It might also help build momentum for other bidders, and, who knows, perhaps reduce the price even below $50.  If not, $50 is still a great bargain.

$50 is making some great progress, but we still need people to up their bids to this, or for a lot more $160 bidders to lower theirs. For those bidding lower, remember, the price is almost always brought down lower once the price hits the line:

http://www.logos.com/product/8522/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-revelation

Posts 3689
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2012 8:13 AM

Dean053:
$50 is making some great progress, but we still need people to up their bids to this, or for a lot more $160 bidders to lower theirs.

Even more, we need new $50 bidders for some great resources--valued highly by bidders who bid much more than usual for resources in CP. 

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:45 AM

please bid for $50 hurry up

Page 2 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS