Are there Pentecostal/Charismatic M.Div Users of Logos 4.5 ?

Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 56 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 93
painfree | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 22 2012 2:11 AM

Having studied under the late J Rodman Williams and John Rea at CBN University and while there having the founders of Logos visit the campus, I am really rather surprised that there are so few books included in the Logos Library that are of the Full Gospel/Charismatic viewpoint.   With such a major worldwide movement such as Pentecostal/Full Gospel having far more than 400 million adherents, I would think there would be more of a presence in the offerings of Logos.

Curious as to knowing whether there are those practicing a Pentecostal/Full Gospel Christianity using Logos 4.5 that participate on these forums ?

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 3:03 AM

I became Pentecostal/Full Gospel/Charismatic after receiving my M.Div degree.  I have an interest in Systematic Theology so I bought Renewal Theology in paper, but also added my voice to wanting it in Logos.  I have followed his articles online and even made a Personal Book of them. I have supplemented my library with Personal Books I have made from Pentecostal writings online, but would appreciate more of these in Logos.  This is especially true since they have added the mobile apps and reading non-reference books is now more common. I expect that just as the desktop version of Logos has replaced the paper reference library of many, the mobile apps will replace the need for paper monographs. The point here is that the literary interests people have varies greatly, so Logos has their work cut out for them.  I would add my voice to the clamor that Logos should not underestimate the size of their present and future Pentecostal customer base. 

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 93
painfree | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 4:29 AM

Jerry, I find your opening sentence very interesting.  When  I started CBNU we had a class called  Holy Spirit Presence and Power and out of the class of students there was one fellow who was not Charismatic.   Fast forward 10 years and in that same class there were 3 that were Charismatic..  Where did you get your MDiv from and how influential was  J Rodman Williams systematic theology in your becoming Pentecostal/FG/C  ?

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 4:38 AM

painfree:

Curious as to knowing whether there are those practicing a Pentecostal/Full Gospel Christianity using Logos 4.5 that participate on these forums ?

I don't have a M. Div. but my husband and I are Charismatic, Pentecostal or Full Gospel; however you wish to characterize it.   And we love to study the Bible.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 4:45 AM

I was raised Southern Baptist and went to seminary at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.  Right in the heart of the Bible belt I became spiritually dry and went on a quest for God.  I discovered J. Rodman Williams many years later as I was looking for any kind of theology books or commentaries written from the Pentecostal perspective.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 6:18 AM

Hey Folks,

I know for a fact that some decion makers at Logos are against the Pentacostal movement (and its writers) and believes that it is harmful to Christianity.  Why they don't know this about Catholicism i'll never understand.  Anyway, although Logos claims to be just a publishing company  with no soul, Logos does have its biases.  Right or wrong, you guys didn't make the cut. 

Posts 93
painfree | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 7:05 AM

Well stated Peter and unfortunately I was sure given the wrong impression when the leaders of Logos visited CBNU in the 90's and promoted Logos 1.   Who knew years later that they would become blinded to the unbiblical doctrines of Catholicism and at the same time avoid Full Gospel theology.  

Posts 130
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 7:27 AM

painfree, I am M-DIV graduate of SBTS in Fort Worth. I am Assemblies of God and went there as such. That is about as Pentecostal as it comes. But I have to tell you and JerryM that not all Penetcostals follow Renewal theology.I would classify myself as more of a "Reformed" Penetcostal. That said, I also have a great deal of interest in reading widely. So I too would like to see Full Gospel Theology included in Logos.

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 7:33 AM

Peter Cellini:
I know for a fact that some decion makers at Logos are against the Pentacostal movement (and its writers) and believes that it is harmful to Christianity.

If this were true we would not have these:

http://www.logos.com/products/search?Christian+Group=Pentecostal

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 7:51 AM

Graham Owen:

If this were true we would not have these:

I know what I was told...unless you are calling me a liar, we should leave it at that.

Posts 130
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:00 AM

Peter, I have to agree with Graham. But no one is calling you a liar here. You just may have poor information. Who told you this? And which Logos people are you referring to?

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:02 AM

Peter Cellini:
I know what I was told...unless you are calling me a liar, we should leave it at that.

Would it make you a liar or the person who told you? In terms of "evidence" your statement is merely "hearsay".

God Bless

Graham

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:04 AM

Robert J Smith:
told you this? And which Logos people are you referring to?

It would not be appropriate to tell you who.  But I can tell you this is first hand information. Not hearsay

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:06 AM

Peter Cellini:
t would not be appropriate to tell you who.  But I can tell you this is first hand information. Not heresay

hearsay (ˈhɪǝˌseɪ) n gossip; rumour

hearsay evidence n law evidence based on what has been reported to a witness by others rather than what he has himself observed or experienced (not generally admissible as evidence)

Collins English dictionary. 2006 (8th ed., Complete & unabridged ed.). Glasgow: HarperCollins.

God Bless

Graham

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:14 AM

Peter Cellini:

Really?

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:16 AM

Graham Owen:
gossip; rumour

Believe what you want.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:22 AM

Peter Cellini:

Robert J Smith:
told you this? And which Logos people are you referring to?

It would not be appropriate to tell you who.  But I can tell you this is first hand information. Not hearsay

This seems completely irrelevant in light of the fact that Logos does produce Pentecostal resources.  Besides, it's patently obvious that everyone has a bias, so discovering a bias should not be a shock to anyone.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:38 AM

Todd Phillips:
This seems completely irrelevant in light of the fact that Logos does produce Pentecostal resources

The original post was about the limited number and type of Pentacostal resources.  That is what I was responding to.

Having a 2x4 in my inventory does not make me a Lumber yard.

Believe what you want. 

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:39 AM

I will jump in here. I am Christadelphian, and find no resources that contend with our systemic theology or what we Believe to be Truth.

But there are many of us that use L4, some even have the Portfolio package.

Does this make the software provided any less useful as a thurough and productive Bible study package?

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:46 AM

Robert Booth:
find no resources that contend with our systemic theology or what we Believe to be Truth.

I suggested that Logos produce Christadelphian resources (see suggestion area).

Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS