This post has 45 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 140
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2012 4:13 AM

Steffen Stensland:

Still good reason to be optimistic??

No response on this one?

Posts 6
Steffen Stensland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2012 4:17 AM

Nope. And no response By email. Disapointing...

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 3:19 PM

Steffen Stensland:

Nope. And no response By email. Disapointing...

You can now stop being disappointed. Smile

Norwegian Bible Collection (4 vols.)

Unfortunately, it's a bit too much for me support it just for the fun of having it. It's not like I need Norwegian Bibles. So you'll have to drum up the necessary orders yourselves. I wish you good luck, though.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 6
Steffen Stensland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 3:31 PM

I am drumming all i can:)

How many preorders will it take?

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 3:58 PM

They never tell that kind of thing.

I just looked a bit closer on the product page: I think whoever wrote it needs a little lesson about the Norwegian language. Or he/she could just take a look at Wikipedia. I've never heard any Norwegian talk about the "two main Norwegian languages". Big Smile As far as I know, linguists aren't even very happy to talk about Swedish and Norwegian as separate languages.

Or maybe I should just increase the number of languages I claim reading proficiency in and be happy with it?Stick out tongue

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 12:18 AM

fgh:

I just looked a bit closer on the product page: I think whoever wrote it needs a little lesson about the Norwegian language. Or he/she could just take a look at Wikipedia. I've never heard any Norwegian talk about the "two main Norwegian languages". Big Smile As far as I know, linguists aren't even very happy to talk about Swedish and Norwegian as separate languages.

Definitions as to what amounts to a seperate language vary with different theories. You could be so restrictive as to define a language as the means of expression for one person at a single point in time. There are of course the more liberal ways of viewing languages, e.g. as a set of communication characteristics shared by a defined grup, often times an ethnic group. A somewhat different approach would be political: A language is defined by a set of rules which has been officially adopted, which would require a means of writing it down. I once came across a theory which stated that only a defined written language can relly be called a language, and that dialects are different oral adoptions of that written language. While these theories may not be mainstream, they do exist. Calling Bokmål and Nynorsk two seperate languages is therefore not to far out. Also, given the fact that there are at least a couple of Samic languages in Norway as well, one of which is officially recognized (and therefore a language?), calling the other two other "main" does make sense. I agree that it could be expressed in a better way, but it is not wrong.

And Steffen:

Løp og kjøp

Posts 6
Steffen Stensland | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 12:22 AM

Har kjøpt, og eg vett at tre til har kjøpt..

Har du noen anelse om hvor mange interesserte det må være?

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:30 AM

Steffen Stensland:

Har du noen anelse om hvor mange interesserte det må være?

Lets keep it in english in order not to offend our american hosts :-)

I know even less than you, although it would not surprise me if the two of the people people you mention were Knut Kåre and Per Olav (Both of whom have already replied to this thread). Perhaps Ingar is the third. If you want to go promoting the offer, I think that you should focus students at the theological institutes in Norway (FiH, MF, TF, NLA, MHS and even UiT).

Something else that I cant understand is why they chose to combine the 2011 version with the 2006 version. The latter is essentially a combination of the revised NT (found with a handful of additional adjustments in the 2011 version) and the unrevised OT, found in the 1978/85 version. This version was sort of an interim-solution while the publisher was waiting for the OT committee to finish the revision. The result is that the combo consists of the 2011 version along with the unrevised OT. I get that they need to sell Bokmål and Nynorsk together, but this makes no sense at all. Especially, since the 1978/85 AND the 2005 NT were already available. It would have made much more sense pairing these whit the new version.

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 4:59 AM

Just want to get this news to the followers of this discussion.

I really did not notice this before today, but Logos has opened a community for translating Logos into different languages. You want to show you are committed to bringing Logos to Norway, then help translating the GUI into Norwegian Wink

There is a discussion on the topic here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/69557.aspx

And here is the link to the translation: http://crowdin.net/project/logos-desktop-ui/no

Note that in order to do this properly we will need quite a bit of discussion on how to translate. The site has a message board for that purpose. There are also tools on the page to help making the translation concordant, which certainly does help.

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 4 2016 4:30 AM

So I got this email from Logos:

Email from Logos:

We are about to begin processing Pre-Pub orders for Norwegian Bible Collection (4 vols.).
This product is scheduled to ship on 7/13/2016.*
*Note: If the necessary funding for this product drops below 100% (due to cancelled pre-orders), the actual shipping date could be delayed.

Good news

This is great news for everyone living and working in Norway. Sermon prep will now be easier without leaving Logos. Next up: Book of Concord, eh? No?, Well, I prefere it in print anyway Stick out tongue

On the negative side, so far as I know, the price is still the highest on the marked – by a clear margin. Despite this, Logos is good software, and I am going to stay with the prepub. I can feel it in my wallet, but I'll live Wink

Unfair bundle

I have pointed this out before, and I think I need to do it again. I understand that you need to bundle bokmål and nynorsk, but bundling the so-called 2006 "version" makes absolutely no sense at all. It is really the OT from the 1978-version, with the revised NT, found in the 2011 version. What you are getting then, is the unrevised OT, because the bundle already contains the 2011-version. Nobody buys the 2006-print in paper after the 2011 launch, and it is not found in any other bible software either – because it is not really a version of its own. It would make more sense to bundle the entire unrevised version from 1978 (Used to be available in SESB), but not this one.

The only benefit of including it, is making the bundle more expensive to the end user. While that may be the main purpose, I sincerely hope that it is some kind of goofy mistake, which can be corrected.

In conclusion

It is fantastic that the Norwegian 2011-bible is finally being launched in Logos. I am very grateful for that, and I cannot stress it enough. But it is also too expensive. So, please rid the bundle of the 2006 "version", and lower the cost accordingly. I am confident that increased sales will make up for it.

Posts 140
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 2:14 AM

Norwegian Bible Collection has downloaded! Everything seems to work great on the desktop version of the bibles. But I have problems with 2011 (both norsk and nynorsk version) on my ipad. 2006 versions both languages works. When I open the bibles they are empty (white screen, but with the title of the book as heading). Anyone else having problems with this?

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 3:02 AM

Raymond Urne:
But I have problems with 2011 (both norsk and nynorsk version) on my ipad. 2006 versions both languages works. When I open the bibles they are empty (white screen, but with the title of the book as heading). Anyone else having problems with this?

Yes. My Android version says: "An unknown error occured opening resource." for both 2011 versions

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 4:52 AM

I've had no problems on computer Android and iPad. But I downloaded the Bibles for both (via L6 on the computer) before i first opened them.

Posts 156
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 5:23 AM

Johan Leirvik:

I've had no problems on computer Android and iPad. But I downloaded the Bibles for both (via L6 on the computer) before i first opened them.

I downloaded, but no luck yet. 

Then I remembered that my Logos for android might not be the latest version. So I headed over to google play.

Now I am running the latest version of Logos, and like magic: It works.

Perhaps it is a compatibility issue.

Posts 140
Raymond Urne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 6:10 AM

Sakarias Ingolfsson:

Then I remembered that my Logos for android might not be the latest version. So I headed over to google play.

Now I am running the latest version of Logos, and like magic: It works.

Perhaps it is a compatibility issue.

Well... Inspired by your experience I updated my Logos App on the iPad. And guess what? It works!

Thanks, Sakarias!

Posts 4398
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 14 2016 12:24 PM

The product page notes that it is temporarily unavailable on mobile.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 10
Spencer Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 12:34 PM

Even today, 5 years later?

Posts 106
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:26 AM

It looks like the Bibles are gone now?!

@Sakarias Ingolfsson Du you still have the original with the foot notes? I should like to try to make a version with the notes included :)

Posts 11114
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:51 AM

J. Erik:
It looks like the Bibles are gone now?!

I see four Norwegian bibles: https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=%22norwegian+bible%22 , including the two editions of Bibelen 2011

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 106
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:58 AM

Hahh! There they are :) Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS