Is Internet Connection Needed When You Do Live Presentation - Urgent

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 32
OCGF1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 2:57 PM

Mike I agree but keep in mind the huge difference between eliminating a built in drive from a laptop which has several alternate methods of saving and installing data purchased from a retailer and saving data created by you and me the end user.  We should have the right to know where our data is and the ability to store and back it up where we want.  Even the so called driveless laptop has a usb or firewire drive which allows the end user to plug in an external drive (cd, dvd, or other type) to save, up load or install programs.  Also keep in mind that programs become obsolete.  However, the data and information used by the program is continuously up graded and reused by the end user.  There is also something called "Progressional Transition" which means that as things move forward, the New also allows use or access of the current until the current becomes historic and eventually obsolete. This is why the latest computers, cell phones, and tablets still have usb plugs, and keyboards even though they also have voice recognition.  All of that to say that Proclaim needs that "transitional progressive" element applied in several areas of the program and Powerpoint intergration and the 'Save As' option are just two of the several capabilities the program lacks.  These features are critical at this stage of the game.  Especially since Proclaim does not offer a competitive alternative that would allow us to do what Powerpoint does so that we would not need to use Powerpoint but be totally self contained within Proclaim.  Until Proclaim reaches that level of capability it will be imperative for them to have full Powerpoint Viewer integration.  When that day arrives I will be among the first to drop powerpoint and use Proclaim (or any other church presentation program that comes along) to fill the need that Powerpoint currently meets.  I'm rooting for you PROCLAIM!  But you're not really in the game until we can import, export, and save as data to and from todays state of the art international standard presentation formats.  And yes Lord!  I do need to save my God inspired presentaions in a place where I can have a backup in case there is no internet.Big Smile

• Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center
  • AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core 2.5 GHz
  • OCZ DDR2 8Gb
  • Logos 5
  • Proclaim
Posts 4686
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 2:34 AM

Just to be clear where we agree and disagree...

Orange County Gospel Fellowship 1:
There is also something called "Progressional Transition"

Which was the curse of the Windows operating system for years.

This is why the latest computers, cell phones, and tablets still have usb plugs, and keyboards even though they also have voice recognition.

None of mine do.

Powerpoint intergration and the 'Save As' option are just two of the several capabilities the program lacks.  These features are critical at this stage of the game.

Powerpoint/Keynote  integration is needed due to the lack of functionality of the basic program.

The 'Save As' - I am not so sure - with a constantly developing program the dangers of old, saved, formats causing problems seems too great.

And yes Lord!  I do need to save my God inspired presentaions in a place where I can have a backup in case there is no internet.

Just off the top of my head... If you installed and ran Proclaim from a portable hard drive as a different member of your group would this not allow you to have a backup?

Posts 32
OCGF1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 7:05 AM

Okay...  Obviously you missed my point.

I could be wrong but, I also don't remember Proclaim giving me the option of installing to an alternate drive or location either. 

• OCZ DDR2 8Gb
  • Logos 5
  • Proclaim
Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 4 2012 2:21 PM

, I also don't remember Proclaim giving me the option of installing to an alternate drive or location either.

It's not part of the installation but you can move the Proclaim data directory to an external drive by following these instructions http://community.logos.com/forums/p/42093/313777.aspx#313777

Posts 32
OCGF1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2012 8:55 AM

Thanks Scott, this is very helpful.  Perhaps it should be setup as part of the install process.  Is there also a way to "Print" or create a pdf of our presentations.  I often give out hand-outs in seminars and classes.  Does Proclaim allow this type of function?

• OCZ DDR2 8Gb
  • Logos 5
  • Proclaim
Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2012 9:57 AM

Is there also a way to "Print" or create a pdf of our presentations.  I often give out hand-outs in seminars and classes.  Does Proclaim allow this type of function?

Not currently, it's on our list.

Posts 32
OCGF1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 5 2012 11:10 AM

Thank you.  I'll stand by and keep up with the updates as they come.

• OCZ DDR2 8Gb
  • Logos 5
  • Proclaim
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS