Song of Songs classic commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 1 2012 8:19 AM

Let's get this one tipped now  so we have  more time to drive down the price unless someone tips it with a couple of days to do so.!!!Cool 

http://www.logos.com/product/15781/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-the-song-of-songs

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 8:45 AM

Yes, I've been on board and would love to see it over the top.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 11:40 AM

It's over.

I'm in mainly for A Commentary on the Song of Songs from Ancient and Medieval Sources by Richard Frederick Littledale  and The Song of Songs of Solomon by Jeanne-Marie Bouvier de La Motte-Guyon. Anything else I should look closer at once I get it?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1000
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 11:50 AM

Unfortunately there are more of these commentaries making it out of CP now than I have bills in my wallet Sad

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 11:59 AM

fgh:

It's over.

I'm in mainly for A Commentary on the Song of Songs from Ancient and Medieval Sources by Richard Frederick Littledale  and The Song of Songs of Solomon by Jeanne-Marie Bouvier de La Motte-Guyon. Anything else I should look closer at once I get it?

Spurgeon in Commenting & Commentaries here:  http://www.spurgeon.org/misc/c&c_c06.htm has some remarks on many of these commentaries on the Song of Solomon.  I think this is very, very good collection to have!

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 12:12 PM

fgh:

It's over.

This is the set I'm most looking forward having, but I'm disappointed James Durham wasn't included. 

Reflections on Canticles; or, The Song of Solomon

• Publisher: S. W. Partridge & Co.  info only mentioned Gill and Durham but the updated info includes many more which is good but also bad that it will have less of Durham's commentary, seeing the book is only 200 pgs. Durham has a great argument against taking the Song literal.
Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2012 12:26 PM

David Carter:

Unfortunately there are more of these commentaries making it out of CP now than I have bills in my wallet Sad

If everything I had in CP came out in the same month I would be hurting but I doubt that will happen.Smile

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2012 6:41 AM

This is now very close to $30. Just a few more bids needed.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3751
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2012 9:49 AM

fgh:

This is now very close to $30. Just a few more bids needed.

Big Smile  Yes

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2012 2:06 PM

Evan Boardman:

fgh:

It's over.

This is the set I'm most looking forward having, but I'm disappointed James Durham wasn't included. 

Reflections on Canticles; or, The Song of Solomon

• Publisher: S. W. Partridge & Co.  info only mentioned Gill and Durham but the updated info includes many more which is good but also bad that it will have less of Durham's commentary, seeing the book is only 200 pgs. Durham has a great argument against taking the Song literal.

Especially since Durham's Revelation is in the Classic Commentaries on Revelation in CP.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS