Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 1 2009 4:40 AM

Now that 1.2 is starting to give us a few more features, I am using it more and more. As a consequence, I am starting to tweak on it a bit.

One of the problems i have discovered is that some of my collections do not work on 1.2 in the Passage Guide.  For example, I have the Galaxy Theological Journal Collection.  I would like this collection to show up in my passage guide, but it doesn't work.  Doing some experimentation, I find it real hit and miss which collections do work.  If I use the Ashland Theological Journal Collection it works fine. If I use the Bible and Spade Journal collection, it doesn't work. If I go to the Windows version under VMware, everything works as it should.  So it appears this is a Mac problem.

Anyone else experienced problems with collections and the passage guide?

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2009 1:14 PM

Resaving the collection has been working in most cases where it was created in the Windows version and is not working properly in Mac . In Tools | Define Collections, select the collection, click Modify, and click OK. Then try the Passage Guide again.

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2009 9:28 AM

Wow! I was just about to do that when I read your message on here.  Thanks!

Well, I tried it and I got some very erratic behavior. When I saved it, the "Define Collections" box got real sluggish. For a while, the red button at the top that you use to close it was grayed out. Then when I finally got it and closed it, I realized that the collection didn't exist any more. I looked in the directory and the file is still there, but Logos no longer sees it for some reason. 

So I looked at the file using vi (unix). It's intact, but one of the thing I notice is that at the end of the file there are not the usual null lines. I delete these and Logos then sees the file again.  I try then to use the collection in passage guide, same problem. So I try to open and save the file again in the collection manager and I get the same strange behavior with the file disappearing from view again. The permissions are fine and there is no obvious corruption I can see, except for the end of the file.

So it's obviously a bug of some sort. I wonder if it relates to the size, because the Theological Journal Library collection is very large. I would be happy to email it to you guys to have a look at if you like.

Posts 10787
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2009 4:23 PM
Donovan R. Palmer:

Wow! I was just about to do that when I read your message on here.  Thanks!

Well, I tried it and I got some very erratic behavior. When I saved it, the "Define Collections" box got real sluggish. For a while, the red button at the top that you use to close it was grayed out. Then when I finally got it and closed it, I realized that the collection didn't exist any more. I looked in the directory and the file is still there, but Logos no longer sees it for some reason. 

So I looked at the file using vi (unix). It's intact, but one of the thing I notice is that at the end of the file there are not the usual null lines. I delete these and Logos then sees the file again.  I try then to use the collection in passage guide, same problem. So I try to open and save the file again in the collection manager and I get the same strange behavior with the file disappearing from view again. The permissions are fine and there is no obvious corruption I can see, except for the end of the file.

So it's obviously a bug of some sort. I wonder if it relates to the size, because the Theological Journal Library collection is very large. I would be happy to email it to you guys to have a look at if you like.

I have had the same problems that Donovan describes with other collections.

Jack

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS